Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City International Airport celebrated the grand opening of 13 new restaurants Thursday, including seven Salt Lake-area establishments.
With a mix of Mexican, Greek and Italian food, as well as coffee shops and bars, travelers at Salt Lake City International have plenty of dining options, airport officials said.
"We are very pleased to offer customers updated, refreshed options featuring outstanding local brands and national favorites," said Maureen Riley, executive director of the Salt Lake City Department of Airports. "Sixty new shops and restaurants are now open at Salt Lake City International Airport, and seven more will be added by Christmas."
Three of the local restaurants — Café Rio, Greek Souvlaki and Market Street Grill — are located in the food court between concourses C and D. Joining those restaurants is one of three new Starbucks Coffee Cafes.
Concourse C is also now home to Salt Lake City Pizza & Pasta, as well as Millcreek Coffee Roasters. Travelers in Concourse D will also find two new dining locations — Vivace Cucina Toscana and Smashburger.
Concourse E travelers can now visit another local Salt Lake restaurant, High West Distillery & Saloon, as well as a third Starbucks located in the lobby of Terminal 2.
Located in Concourse B, travelers will have two new dining options, including pretzel maker Auntie Anne's and French Meadow Bakery & Café. In addition, two new restaurants in Concourse A — Great Wraps and Fresh Market OnTheGo — will provide quick, healthy dining options for travelers.
"With our long history in Salt Lake City, we could not be more excited about unveiling these terrific new restaurants," said Joe Waller, vice president of business development at HMSHost — provider of food, beverage and retail services at the airport. "It is a perfect mix of exceptional local restaurants and global favorites."
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah too dependent on federal dollars, state...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Utah Jazz players, dancers, Bear visit...
- Josh Romney first on scene of crash,... 59
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 15
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15