'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2': 3 points for parents
Violence: Vampires are vicious. They will torture and kill those who oppose them, even if they are vampires themselves. Vampires are hunted down and killed. Some are tortured before killing.
Gore: To kill a vampire, you remove its head and limbs, so you will see many body parts flying around in one scene of this film. There is a scene with bodies piled up due to the killing spree of a baby vampire. Fire is used to dispose of vampire bodies after tearing them apart. Some scenes include blood.
Sensuality/nudity: Bella and Edward are seen naked together in bed, though nothing is shown below the shoulders. Jacob strips in front of Charlie, but he is only shown with his shirt off.
This is the last of the Twilight saga films and probably the best, but that still does not make it great. Some of the CGI effects were poor. The angst of the previous films is gone, due to Bella and Edward now being married. Plus, the story focuses on everyone coming together to protect the family. This is the most violent film in the franchise, and when you include the sexuality, a 15-plus age is probably the best recommendation.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on youtube.com/byuradio and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Alicia Keys is asking a simple question to...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- 18th annual Golden Years Pageant offers mix...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's... 3
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap... 2
- Actress detained by police refuses to... 1
- Why do we love bad movies? 1
- ‘Kung Fu Panda’ director to... 1
- Alicia Keys is asking a simple question... 1