'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2': 3 points for parents
Violence: Vampires are vicious. They will torture and kill those who oppose them, even if they are vampires themselves. Vampires are hunted down and killed. Some are tortured before killing.
Gore: To kill a vampire, you remove its head and limbs, so you will see many body parts flying around in one scene of this film. There is a scene with bodies piled up due to the killing spree of a baby vampire. Fire is used to dispose of vampire bodies after tearing them apart. Some scenes include blood.
Sensuality/nudity: Bella and Edward are seen naked together in bed, though nothing is shown below the shoulders. Jacob strips in front of Charlie, but he is only shown with his shirt off.
This is the last of the Twilight saga films and probably the best, but that still does not make it great. Some of the CGI effects were poor. The angst of the previous films is gone, due to Bella and Edward now being married. Plus, the story focuses on everyone coming together to protect the family. This is the most violent film in the franchise, and when you include the sexuality, a 15-plus age is probably the best recommendation.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on youtube.com/byuradio and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2