Dmitriy Melnikov, Fotolia
Seven out of 10 moms reported feeling overwhelmed by financial burdens in a study by Chase Blueprint. Here are seven suggestions that The Dollar Stretcher, a frugal living website, offers to deal with financial stress that mothers face.
Live within your means
Learn to recognize what you can go without. While the newest trends and technology can be fun, they are also pricey.
"Financial security is not about income, it's about control," Rachana Bhatt, marketing director of the Chase credit card division, told The Dollar Stretcher. "Having a plan in place gives you a sense of control and confidence."
Personalize your bookkeeping system
Whatever it is, just make sure it works for you. Bookkeeping allows the mom to visualize where the money is being spent. Forty-three percent of moms reported using mobile banking, which allows on-the-go, daily banking.
Stay on top of credit
While saving 20 percent off of an initial purchase by signing up for a store credit card may seem appealing at the time, having multiple cards ruining credit is not.
Work with your partner to teach your children
Ann Lundberg, vice president of sales for CafeMom, said parents who have the same plan can pass on financial responsibility to children.
"The numbers suggest that not agreeing is one of the biggest barriers to financial security," Lundberg says. "If you disagree with your partner, how can you control your own plan?"
Talk with other moms
Find out what has worked for your friends. Talk to them about your plans to receive feedback.
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad rights...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- It's not just Hello Kitty: Japan's character...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 6
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless... 1
- No timeline announced yet for... 1
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152... 1