4, including 2 BYU football players, charged in restaurant fight
PROVO — Four people, including two former BYU football players, were charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault for a fight inside a Provo restaurant.
Joe Sampson, 23, and Zac Stout, 21, who were suspended from the football team and recently withdrew from school, were charged in Provo Justice Court with two counts each of assault, a class B misdemeanor.
In addition, Alexander Powell Jackman, 21, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and Matthew Santos, 20, was charged with one count of assault.
The four were allegedly involved in a fight about 3 a.m. on Nov. 1 inside Rancherito's, 1314 N. State in Provo. Investigating officers obtained surveillance video of the incident that was used to identify the suspects and witnesses involved in the fight. The video has been posted on YouTube.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12