4, including 2 BYU football players, charged in restaurant fight
PROVO — Four people, including two former BYU football players, were charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault for a fight inside a Provo restaurant.
Joe Sampson, 23, and Zac Stout, 21, who were suspended from the football team and recently withdrew from school, were charged in Provo Justice Court with two counts each of assault, a class B misdemeanor.
In addition, Alexander Powell Jackman, 21, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and Matthew Santos, 20, was charged with one count of assault.
The four were allegedly involved in a fight about 3 a.m. on Nov. 1 inside Rancherito's, 1314 N. State in Provo. Investigating officers obtained surveillance video of the incident that was used to identify the suspects and witnesses involved in the fight. The video has been posted on YouTube.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 14