PROVO — Four people, including two former BYU football players, were charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault for a fight inside a Provo restaurant.
Joe Sampson, 23, and Zac Stout, 21, who were suspended from the football team and recently withdrew from school, were charged in Provo Justice Court with two counts each of assault, a class B misdemeanor.
In addition, Alexander Powell Jackman, 21, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and Matthew Santos, 20, was charged with one count of assault.
The four were allegedly involved in a fight about 3 a.m. on Nov. 1 inside Rancherito's, 1314 N. State in Provo. Investigating officers obtained surveillance video of the incident that was used to identify the suspects and witnesses involved in the fight. The video has been posted on YouTube.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19