4, including 2 BYU football players, charged in restaurant fight
PROVO — Four people, including two former BYU football players, were charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault for a fight inside a Provo restaurant.
Joe Sampson, 23, and Zac Stout, 21, who were suspended from the football team and recently withdrew from school, were charged in Provo Justice Court with two counts each of assault, a class B misdemeanor.
In addition, Alexander Powell Jackman, 21, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and Matthew Santos, 20, was charged with one count of assault.
The four were allegedly involved in a fight about 3 a.m. on Nov. 1 inside Rancherito's, 1314 N. State in Provo. Investigating officers obtained surveillance video of the incident that was used to identify the suspects and witnesses involved in the fight. The video has been posted on YouTube.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 72
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 46
- Police release names of officers... 33
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 32
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18