4, including 2 BYU football players, charged in restaurant fight
PROVO — Four people, including two former BYU football players, were charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault for a fight inside a Provo restaurant.
Joe Sampson, 23, and Zac Stout, 21, who were suspended from the football team and recently withdrew from school, were charged in Provo Justice Court with two counts each of assault, a class B misdemeanor.
In addition, Alexander Powell Jackman, 21, was charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and Matthew Santos, 20, was charged with one count of assault.
The four were allegedly involved in a fight about 3 a.m. on Nov. 1 inside Rancherito's, 1314 N. State in Provo. Investigating officers obtained surveillance video of the incident that was used to identify the suspects and witnesses involved in the fight. The video has been posted on YouTube.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8