USU football: Will Davis selected to play in the 2013 Senior Bowl
For the third time in the last four years, Utah State has a football player selected to participate in the Senior Bowl as Will Davis accepted an invitation to play in the annual All-Star game.
The 64th Senior Bowl will be played Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013, at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala. The game and all practices will be televised by the NFL Network.
Davis is the 17th Utah State player selected to the Senior Bowl since 1962.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for Will to showcase his talents in one of the most prestigious all-star games in the country,” coach Gary Andersen said. “Will has done a fantastic job of dedicating himself to the game of football and that commitment has shown through with his performance on the field.
“Furthermore, as a staff, we are excited about the fact that we have now had three players in our four years here at Utah State get an opportunity to play in the Senior Bowl.”
Davis, a 6-foot-0, 186-pound cornerback from Spokane, Wash.(Central Valley HS/DeAnza College), currently ranks first in the Western Athletic Conference and tied for fourth in the nation in passes defended (1.70 pg). He is also tied for fifth in the WAC and tied for 39th in the nation in interceptions (0.30 pg) and tied for 39th in the WAC in tackles (4.7 pg).
Davis ranks first on the team in interceptions (3) and passes defended (14) and is eighth on the team with 47 tackles (33-solo), to go along with three quarterback hurries.
The Senior Bowl is college football's premier senior showcase event, annually featuring the nation's best senior collegiate football stars and top NFL draft prospects on teams coached by NFL coaching staffs.
All Senior Bowl practices and game week festivities are attended by more than 800 general managers, head coaches, assistant coaches, scouts and other front office personnel from all 32 NFL teams.
Utah State (8-2, 4-0 WAC) plays its final road game of 2012 at No. 19 Louisiana Tech (9-1, 4-0 WAC) on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 2 p.m. (MT).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball...
- Morning links: BYU gets a new commitment;...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- High school baseball: Walker leads Pleasant...
- High school boys soccer: Freshman lifts...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak hires...
- 4A softball: Spanish Fork overwhelms region...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 120
- Mike Sorensen: Utah, BYU not getting a... 89
- Guest commentary: Want national... 66
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- BYU's Taysom Hill, Utah's Devontae... 45
- Morning links: BYU has a shot to snap... 39
- Morning links: BYU gets a new... 31
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 26