USU football: Will Davis selected to play in the 2013 Senior Bowl
For the third time in the last four years, Utah State has a football player selected to participate in the Senior Bowl as Will Davis accepted an invitation to play in the annual All-Star game.
The 64th Senior Bowl will be played Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013, at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala. The game and all practices will be televised by the NFL Network.
Davis is the 17th Utah State player selected to the Senior Bowl since 1962.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for Will to showcase his talents in one of the most prestigious all-star games in the country,” coach Gary Andersen said. “Will has done a fantastic job of dedicating himself to the game of football and that commitment has shown through with his performance on the field.
“Furthermore, as a staff, we are excited about the fact that we have now had three players in our four years here at Utah State get an opportunity to play in the Senior Bowl.”
Davis, a 6-foot-0, 186-pound cornerback from Spokane, Wash.(Central Valley HS/DeAnza College), currently ranks first in the Western Athletic Conference and tied for fourth in the nation in passes defended (1.70 pg). He is also tied for fifth in the WAC and tied for 39th in the nation in interceptions (0.30 pg) and tied for 39th in the WAC in tackles (4.7 pg).
Davis ranks first on the team in interceptions (3) and passes defended (14) and is eighth on the team with 47 tackles (33-solo), to go along with three quarterback hurries.
The Senior Bowl is college football's premier senior showcase event, annually featuring the nation's best senior collegiate football stars and top NFL draft prospects on teams coached by NFL coaching staffs.
All Senior Bowl practices and game week festivities are attended by more than 800 general managers, head coaches, assistant coaches, scouts and other front office personnel from all 32 NFL teams.
Utah State (8-2, 4-0 WAC) plays its final road game of 2012 at No. 19 Louisiana Tech (9-1, 4-0 WAC) on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 2 p.m. (MT).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 30
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27