Deseret Book will unveil Christmas window at 5 p.m. Thursday in downtown Salt Lake City
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Deseret Book will unveil its Christmas window downtown on Nov. 15. The second-annual "Mechanics of Christmas" display will be revealed to the public at 5 p.m.
Although the window is not likely to be filled with candy designs, which was a tradition for the ZCMI Christmas windows, the Deseret Book window promises to be full of its own surprises, according to Deseret Book.
Last year the window displayed an old-time gingerbread cookie factory that filled the bookstore with a sweet aroma, and visitors were invited to take a gingerbread cookie for the road.
The theme of the 2012 window will remain a secret until the unveiling.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a Communications major and editing minor.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 82
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 55
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14