Deseret Book will unveil Christmas window at 5 p.m. Thursday in downtown Salt Lake City
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Deseret Book will unveil its Christmas window downtown on Nov. 15. The second-annual "Mechanics of Christmas" display will be revealed to the public at 5 p.m.
Although the window is not likely to be filled with candy designs, which was a tradition for the ZCMI Christmas windows, the Deseret Book window promises to be full of its own surprises, according to Deseret Book.
Last year the window displayed an old-time gingerbread cookie factory that filled the bookstore with a sweet aroma, and visitors were invited to take a gingerbread cookie for the road.
The theme of the 2012 window will remain a secret until the unveiling.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a Communications major and editing minor.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 12
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5