Scholars Terryl and Fiona Givens discuss life, love and their new book, 'The God Who Weeps'
“I think it’s a path-breaking book in that it tries to use Latter-day Saint theology to find the meaning of life,” said Bushman, author of "Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling.” “I think their fruitful partnership was very instrumental in bringing the whole thing about.”
The co-authors hope readers come away from their book with a greater understanding of the profound truths found inside and outside Mormonism.
“We have much to learn from those outside our faith and there are elements of our tradition that we don’t fully appreciate or understand as fully as we need to,” Terryl Givens said.
“It’s a linking of Mormon faith tradition with a global yearning for a humane God ...," Fiona Givens said.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Home-school culture shifting away from...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 26
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18