Scholars Terryl and Fiona Givens discuss life, love and their new book, 'The God Who Weeps'
“I think it’s a path-breaking book in that it tries to use Latter-day Saint theology to find the meaning of life,” said Bushman, author of "Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling.” “I think their fruitful partnership was very instrumental in bringing the whole thing about.”
The co-authors hope readers come away from their book with a greater understanding of the profound truths found inside and outside Mormonism.
“We have much to learn from those outside our faith and there are elements of our tradition that we don’t fully appreciate or understand as fully as we need to,” Terryl Givens said.
“It’s a linking of Mormon faith tradition with a global yearning for a humane God ...," Fiona Givens said.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- The story behind the missionary reality... 15