Baltimore Ravens' Terrell Suggs likens former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta to 'unicorn, minotaur'
Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta is blossoming this season with the NFL's Baltimore Ravens. In fact, according to teammate Terrell Suggs, Pitta is practically a mythical creature.
Pitta leaped to snag a 5-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter of Baltimore's blowout win over Oakland on Sunday, leading Suggs to turn to the camera behind the bench and proclaim his love.
"There he is!" Suggs yelled. "He's so beautiful, he's like a unicorn! Or a minotaur!"
Suggs has a history of these kinds of exclamations. During a game last season, Suggs likened the young tight end to a well-known credit card. From the Baltimore Sun:
"The white tight end, baby!" Suggs screamed into the camera. "He's always there when you need him."
He then turned to a few of his teammates and said, "The white tight end. He's American Express. He's everywhere you want to be. Don't leave home without him." Terrence Cody seemed very amused.
Comparisons to consumer spending and bull-headed demi-humans aside, Pitta is having a solid season for the Ravens. He beat out teammate Ed Dickson for the starting position earlier in the year and has now tallied 37 catches for 376 yards and three touchdowns.
Pitta is BYU's all-time leader in pass receptions.
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in the...
- High school baseball: 5A team-by-team region...
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- Returned Mormon missionary chasing big league...
- BYU basketball: Prior to Gonzaga loss,...
- BYU football: Cougars generally happy with...
- Brad Rock: Arizona wipeout not a killer for Utes
- High school baseball: 4A team-by-team region...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 113
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 57
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30