Party election to replace McAdams in state Senate set for Dec. 1
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to elect a new state senator to replace Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams in the Utah Legislature.
Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining in McAdams’ term representing Senate District 2 have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson and several others are already in the race.
The election will be held at 1 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Salt Lake County Council chambers. Only Democrats already chosen as delegates in Senate District 2 will be able to vote.
McAdams, a Democrat, has held the seat since 2009.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18