Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to elect a new state senator to replace Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams in the Utah Legislature.
Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining in McAdams’ term representing Senate District 2 have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson and several others are already in the race.
The election will be held at 1 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Salt Lake County Council chambers. Only Democrats already chosen as delegates in Senate District 2 will be able to vote.
McAdams, a Democrat, has held the seat since 2009.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12