Party election to replace McAdams in state Senate set for Dec. 1
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to elect a new state senator to replace Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams in the Utah Legislature.
Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining in McAdams’ term representing Senate District 2 have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson and several others are already in the race.
The election will be held at 1 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Salt Lake County Council chambers. Only Democrats already chosen as delegates in Senate District 2 will be able to vote.
McAdams, a Democrat, has held the seat since 2009.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26