Party election to replace McAdams in state Senate set for Dec. 1
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to elect a new state senator to replace Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams in the Utah Legislature.
Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining in McAdams’ term representing Senate District 2 have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson and several others are already in the race.
The election will be held at 1 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Salt Lake County Council chambers. Only Democrats already chosen as delegates in Senate District 2 will be able to vote.
McAdams, a Democrat, has held the seat since 2009.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15