Party election to replace McAdams in state Senate set for Dec. 1
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Democratic delegates will meet Dec. 1 to elect a new state senator to replace Salt Lake County Mayor-elect Ben McAdams in the Utah Legislature.
Democrats seeking to fill the two years remaining in McAdams’ term representing Senate District 2 have until Nov. 26 to file with the Salt Lake County Democratic Party.
Utah State Democratic Party Chairman Jim Dabakis, outgoing Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Jenny Wilson and several others are already in the race.
The election will be held at 1 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Salt Lake County Council chambers. Only Democrats already chosen as delegates in Senate District 2 will be able to vote.
McAdams, a Democrat, has held the seat since 2009.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11