CLEARFIELD — Police have identified a motorcyclist killed in a traffic accident Tuesday.
Joseph Dale Thomas, 22, of Roy, collided with a sport utility vehicle that was making a left turn out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South in Clearfield. Thomas had just come off the offramp from state Route 193 and was traveling on 700 South. Police say speed may have been a factor in the accident.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old woman from Pleasant View, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Investigators did not know Wednesday if drugs or alcohol were involved. The accident remained under investigation.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13