CLEARFIELD — Police have identified a motorcyclist killed in a traffic accident Tuesday.
Joseph Dale Thomas, 22, of Roy, collided with a sport utility vehicle that was making a left turn out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South in Clearfield. Thomas had just come off the offramp from state Route 193 and was traveling on 700 South. Police say speed may have been a factor in the accident.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old woman from Pleasant View, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Investigators did not know Wednesday if drugs or alcohol were involved. The accident remained under investigation.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19