CLEARFIELD — Police have identified a motorcyclist killed in a traffic accident Tuesday.
Joseph Dale Thomas, 22, of Roy, collided with a sport utility vehicle that was making a left turn out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South in Clearfield. Thomas had just come off the offramp from state Route 193 and was traveling on 700 South. Police say speed may have been a factor in the accident.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old woman from Pleasant View, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Investigators did not know Wednesday if drugs or alcohol were involved. The accident remained under investigation.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16