Charges filed against 3 for allegedly dumping woman's body
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people have been charged with abuse or desecration of a body, a third-degree felony, in connection with the discovery of a woman's body behind a downtown businesses last week.
Police said Eva Montanez likely died of a drug overdose before three individuals dumped her body and buried it in leaves behind a businesses at 900 W. North Temple on Nov. 5.
Catherine Elfida-Eichler, 55, Leo Anthony Maestas, 45, and Michael Montoya, 34, each face one felony count for moving Montanez's body from the house into the backyard, loading it into a cart and leaving it behind a shed, according to charges filed Tuesday in 3rd District Court.
The three people live together at 840 W. Emeril Ave., where it is believed Montanez died, charges state.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16