Police identify man killed in Ogden domestic dispute, SWAT standoff
OGDEN — Police have identified the man killed Sunday when officers responded to a domestic dispute.
Ogden police identified the man Tuesday as Aaron Matthew Collier, 35, but said a cause of death will not be released until the medical examiner has concluded investigations.
Collier was found dead following a violent encounter with police. Officers responded Sunday to a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of 4th Street and were fired upon when they entered the house.
Police returned fire and retreated from the home, evacuating other occupants. One suspect, Collier, remained barricaded inside.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded and attempted to talk to Collier, entering the home when negotiations ceased. Collier was found dead inside.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12