Police identify man killed in Ogden domestic dispute, SWAT standoff
OGDEN — Police have identified the man killed Sunday when officers responded to a domestic dispute.
Ogden police identified the man Tuesday as Aaron Matthew Collier, 35, but said a cause of death will not be released until the medical examiner has concluded investigations.
Collier was found dead following a violent encounter with police. Officers responded Sunday to a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of 4th Street and were fired upon when they entered the house.
Police returned fire and retreated from the home, evacuating other occupants. One suspect, Collier, remained barricaded inside.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded and attempted to talk to Collier, entering the home when negotiations ceased. Collier was found dead inside.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8