Police identify man killed in Ogden domestic dispute, SWAT standoff
OGDEN — Police have identified the man killed Sunday when officers responded to a domestic dispute.
Ogden police identified the man Tuesday as Aaron Matthew Collier, 35, but said a cause of death will not be released until the medical examiner has concluded investigations.
Collier was found dead following a violent encounter with police. Officers responded Sunday to a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of 4th Street and were fired upon when they entered the house.
Police returned fire and retreated from the home, evacuating other occupants. One suspect, Collier, remained barricaded inside.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded and attempted to talk to Collier, entering the home when negotiations ceased. Collier was found dead inside.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 84
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 45
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15