OGDEN — Police have identified the man killed Sunday when officers responded to a domestic dispute.
Ogden police identified the man Tuesday as Aaron Matthew Collier, 35, but said a cause of death will not be released until the medical examiner has concluded investigations.
Collier was found dead following a violent encounter with police. Officers responded Sunday to a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of 4th Street and were fired upon when they entered the house.
Police returned fire and retreated from the home, evacuating other occupants. One suspect, Collier, remained barricaded inside.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded and attempted to talk to Collier, entering the home when negotiations ceased. Collier was found dead inside.
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- U. student government passes resolution... 62
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 18