OGDEN — Police have identified the man killed Sunday when officers responded to a domestic dispute.
Ogden police identified the man Tuesday as Aaron Matthew Collier, 35, but said a cause of death will not be released until the medical examiner has concluded investigations.
Collier was found dead following a violent encounter with police. Officers responded Sunday to a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of 4th Street and were fired upon when they entered the house.
Police returned fire and retreated from the home, evacuating other occupants. One suspect, Collier, remained barricaded inside.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded and attempted to talk to Collier, entering the home when negotiations ceased. Collier was found dead inside.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 24
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 18