Police identify man killed in Ogden domestic dispute, SWAT standoff
OGDEN — Police have identified the man killed Sunday when officers responded to a domestic dispute.
Ogden police identified the man Tuesday as Aaron Matthew Collier, 35, but said a cause of death will not be released until the medical examiner has concluded investigations.
Collier was found dead following a violent encounter with police. Officers responded Sunday to a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of 4th Street and were fired upon when they entered the house.
Police returned fire and retreated from the home, evacuating other occupants. One suspect, Collier, remained barricaded inside.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded and attempted to talk to Collier, entering the home when negotiations ceased. Collier was found dead inside.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12