Police identify man killed in Ogden domestic dispute, SWAT standoff
OGDEN — Police have identified the man killed Sunday when officers responded to a domestic dispute.
Ogden police identified the man Tuesday as Aaron Matthew Collier, 35, but said a cause of death will not be released until the medical examiner has concluded investigations.
Collier was found dead following a violent encounter with police. Officers responded Sunday to a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. in the 100 block of 4th Street and were fired upon when they entered the house.
Police returned fire and retreated from the home, evacuating other occupants. One suspect, Collier, remained barricaded inside.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded and attempted to talk to Collier, entering the home when negotiations ceased. Collier was found dead inside.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13