CLEARFIELD — A Roy man was killed Tuesday when his motorcycle collided with a vehicle that was pulling out of a gas station.
The man, 22, was riding a motorcycle and had turned east onto 700 South in Clearfield off the southbound offramp about 2:30 p.m. when he collided with a sport utility vehicle that was turning left out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South, witnesses told police.
"When officers arrived on scene, the operator of the motorcycle had sustained life-ending injuries from the collision," Clearfield Police Lt. Adam Malan said. His name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old Pleasant View woman, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Speed may have been a contributing factor in the accident, Malan said.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11