CLEARFIELD — A Roy man was killed Tuesday when his motorcycle collided with a vehicle that was pulling out of a gas station.
The man, 22, was riding a motorcycle and had turned east onto 700 South in Clearfield off the southbound offramp about 2:30 p.m. when he collided with a sport utility vehicle that was turning left out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South, witnesses told police.
"When officers arrived on scene, the operator of the motorcycle had sustained life-ending injuries from the collision," Clearfield Police Lt. Adam Malan said. His name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old Pleasant View woman, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Speed may have been a contributing factor in the accident, Malan said.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9