CLEARFIELD — A Roy man was killed Tuesday when his motorcycle collided with a vehicle that was pulling out of a gas station.
The man, 22, was riding a motorcycle and had turned east onto 700 South in Clearfield off the southbound offramp about 2:30 p.m. when he collided with a sport utility vehicle that was turning left out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South, witnesses told police.
"When officers arrived on scene, the operator of the motorcycle had sustained life-ending injuries from the collision," Clearfield Police Lt. Adam Malan said. His name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old Pleasant View woman, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Speed may have been a contributing factor in the accident, Malan said.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17