CLEARFIELD — A Roy man was killed Tuesday when his motorcycle collided with a vehicle that was pulling out of a gas station.
The man, 22, was riding a motorcycle and had turned east onto 700 South in Clearfield off the southbound offramp about 2:30 p.m. when he collided with a sport utility vehicle that was turning left out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South, witnesses told police.
"When officers arrived on scene, the operator of the motorcycle had sustained life-ending injuries from the collision," Clearfield Police Lt. Adam Malan said. His name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old Pleasant View woman, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Speed may have been a contributing factor in the accident, Malan said.
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13