CLEARFIELD — A Roy man was killed Tuesday when his motorcycle collided with a vehicle that was pulling out of a gas station.
The man, 22, was riding a motorcycle and had turned east onto 700 South in Clearfield off the southbound offramp about 2:30 p.m. when he collided with a sport utility vehicle that was turning left out of a gas station at 1350 E. 700 South, witnesses told police.
"When officers arrived on scene, the operator of the motorcycle had sustained life-ending injuries from the collision," Clearfield Police Lt. Adam Malan said. His name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the SUV, a 33-year-old Pleasant View woman, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Speed may have been a contributing factor in the accident, Malan said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17