The Outlets getting ready to welcome customers Friday
Steve Landeen, Deseret News
LEHI — Utah consumers will have a new place to shop this holiday season.
The Outlets at Traverse Mountain will open Friday and will include 41 stores. The $70 million, state-of-the-art shopping center is near the Alpine/Highland exit along I-15. The variety of businesses and prime location should attract shoppers, especially with the new mall bringing many stores to Utah for the first time.
Work crews are putting on the finishing touches, and deliveries of merchandise are arriving en masse to get the Outlets of Traverse Mountain ready for business.
"Stores are stocking merchandise, training their staffs and we're getting everything all pretty, waiting for the crowds," said general manager Terri Sunderland.
With 227,000 square feet of retail space, The Outlets, built by a California developer, have 50 storefronts and 41 will be open for business Friday. It has tinted glass awnings to protect consumers from the elements, so shoppers can come in the winter or the summer and be comfortable.
"We have very upscale brands, Polo Ralph Lauren and Coach Factory, but then we also have some really wonderful sportswear stores," Sunderland said. "Under Armour is opening its 100th store here. This is the first one in this market."
Shoppers won't just find closeout items for sale. In most cases, it will be new merchandise.
"Sometimes, it's just a couple of months behind when you would have found it in a department store or a full-price store, but for the most part, it is top quality, first-rate merchandise," he said.
Popular name brands that are often sold at value price and being made more affordable and products like Le Creuset that are brand new to Utah will also be available.
And not only will the mall provide new shopping opportunities, but jobs for a lot of people.
"Our estimated number of jobs is 600, and we will be growing that number as we add on the different stores and we also have seasonal help," Sunderland said.
- Where to find the savings at warehouse clubs...
- Your guide to tipping just the right amount
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to advance...
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt traps...
- Dave Ramsey says: Charging off a debt doesn't...
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church for...
- General Mills recalling 1.8M Cheerios boxes...
- Orem proposal would ban some State Street...
- Where to find the savings at warehouse... 8
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version... 6
- Your guide to tipping just the right... 4
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church... 3
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to... 2
- Employer health insurance will soon be... 2
- Chick-fil-A opening NYC outpost in... 1