The Outlets getting ready to welcome customers Friday
Steve Landeen, Deseret News
LEHI — Utah consumers will have a new place to shop this holiday season.
The Outlets at Traverse Mountain will open Friday and will include 41 stores. The $70 million, state-of-the-art shopping center is near the Alpine/Highland exit along I-15. The variety of businesses and prime location should attract shoppers, especially with the new mall bringing many stores to Utah for the first time.
Work crews are putting on the finishing touches, and deliveries of merchandise are arriving en masse to get the Outlets of Traverse Mountain ready for business.
"Stores are stocking merchandise, training their staffs and we're getting everything all pretty, waiting for the crowds," said general manager Terri Sunderland.
With 227,000 square feet of retail space, The Outlets, built by a California developer, have 50 storefronts and 41 will be open for business Friday. It has tinted glass awnings to protect consumers from the elements, so shoppers can come in the winter or the summer and be comfortable.
"We have very upscale brands, Polo Ralph Lauren and Coach Factory, but then we also have some really wonderful sportswear stores," Sunderland said. "Under Armour is opening its 100th store here. This is the first one in this market."
Shoppers won't just find closeout items for sale. In most cases, it will be new merchandise.
"Sometimes, it's just a couple of months behind when you would have found it in a department store or a full-price store, but for the most part, it is top quality, first-rate merchandise," he said.
Popular name brands that are often sold at value price and being made more affordable and products like Le Creuset that are brand new to Utah will also be available.
And not only will the mall provide new shopping opportunities, but jobs for a lot of people.
"Our estimated number of jobs is 600, and we will be growing that number as we add on the different stores and we also have seasonal help," Sunderland said.
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- More jobs are available, but new grads are...
- How strict should parents really be?
- Balancing act: Does parenting bring...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up costing...
- Dave Ramsey says: Build your budget together
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode Island,...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 15
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the... 11
- Why many experts missed this: Cheap oil... 7
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 7
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- How strict should parents really be? 5