USU football: Chuck Jacobs holds no regrets for coming to Logan
“It’s a stepping stone. We’ve set a new standard,” Jacobs said. “If you believe in yourself, you can play to that standard and even get above it.”
Everyone knows that patience is a virtue, but for Jacobs, it is a necessary attribute that guides his career. It is the biggest lesson he has learned as an athlete and biggest thing he intends to carry over into his life after football.
“Be patient with the game. Every day is not going to be your day. You have to just bear with it and deal with it and keep a smile on your face, so you can get through,” Jacobs said. “If you do that through your day-to-day life, then you’ll be successful.”
Jacobs is confident in seeing himself continuing his football career even after he graduates this May.
“I’m taking my talents to the NFL,” Jacobs said.
That confidence is visible the second he takes the field each week.
“When I get the ball in my hands, I feel like no one should be able to tackle me. No one can bring me down. I go by that rule. I lead by example, through my actions. I want to leave a nice stepping stone for the younger classes to take it away,” Jacobs said. “My goal is just to help the team progress and get myself better. As I come in and out of my routes, seeing the ball into my hands, making a guy miss and get in the end zone, it’s constant progress.”
Eventually, Jacobs would like to see himself working in sports psychology. He will graduate with a degree in psychology and sees that as the perfect balance.
“I can keep being involved in what I love, but keep the psychology part in there too,” Jacobs said.
Jacobs is grateful for the time he has spent as an Aggie and the person it has helped him become.
“It changes you. Being in this program shows me a lot. It shows me a brotherhood. The people that are on this team will always have a strong bond,” Jacobs said. “The memory is still going.”
Megan Allen is a features writer for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former BYU wide receiver...
- Amy Donaldson: Football has helped Ute...
- BYU's Mendenhall on the cusp of embarking on...
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- Whittingham's second decade at the helm of...
- Damian Lillard finding success with rap...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 91
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 63
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 29
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 26
- Cougars looking for special season with... 25
- High school football: Parry's Power... 23