USU football: Chuck Jacobs holds no regrets for coming to Logan
“It’s a stepping stone. We’ve set a new standard,” Jacobs said. “If you believe in yourself, you can play to that standard and even get above it.”
Everyone knows that patience is a virtue, but for Jacobs, it is a necessary attribute that guides his career. It is the biggest lesson he has learned as an athlete and biggest thing he intends to carry over into his life after football.
“Be patient with the game. Every day is not going to be your day. You have to just bear with it and deal with it and keep a smile on your face, so you can get through,” Jacobs said. “If you do that through your day-to-day life, then you’ll be successful.”
Jacobs is confident in seeing himself continuing his football career even after he graduates this May.
“I’m taking my talents to the NFL,” Jacobs said.
That confidence is visible the second he takes the field each week.
“When I get the ball in my hands, I feel like no one should be able to tackle me. No one can bring me down. I go by that rule. I lead by example, through my actions. I want to leave a nice stepping stone for the younger classes to take it away,” Jacobs said. “My goal is just to help the team progress and get myself better. As I come in and out of my routes, seeing the ball into my hands, making a guy miss and get in the end zone, it’s constant progress.”
Eventually, Jacobs would like to see himself working in sports psychology. He will graduate with a degree in psychology and sees that as the perfect balance.
“I can keep being involved in what I love, but keep the psychology part in there too,” Jacobs said.
Jacobs is grateful for the time he has spent as an Aggie and the person it has helped him become.
“It changes you. Being in this program shows me a lot. It shows me a brotherhood. The people that are on this team will always have a strong bond,” Jacobs said. “The memory is still going.”
Megan Allen is a features writer for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU special teams features some 'mystery and...
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU...
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU rugby...
- BYU football: Brad Wilcox stepping up at left...
- Utah Jazz assistants (well, two of 'em)...
- Runnin' Ute enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Duke's Okafor presents big Sweet 16 challenge...
- High school track: Top performances from 2015
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 201
- A 16th Sweet 16 for the Utes, as Utah... 67
- BYU looking forward to an influx of... 53
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 25
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 20
- Dick Harmon: Tyler Haws, BYU's energy... 19