Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Families of fallen heroes were honored during a star-studded ceremony at the Utah State Capitol on Veterans Day.
The American Fallen Warrior Memorial Foundation presented the historic presidential inaugural artwork "American Highrise" print with presidential seal to the state of Utah and the Utah 6. They are six Utah families who have lost sons in combat.
Country music stars Colin Raye and Nathan Osmond, who is also a spokesman for the foundation, performed along with musician/composer Kurt Bestor, musician Jeff Senour and musical selections by the Utah Army Band and Choral Arts Society.
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Expunging criminal records expected to help...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 50
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike,... 11
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10