Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Families of fallen heroes were honored during a star-studded ceremony at the Utah State Capitol on Veterans Day.
The American Fallen Warrior Memorial Foundation presented the historic presidential inaugural artwork "American Highrise" print with presidential seal to the state of Utah and the Utah 6. They are six Utah families who have lost sons in combat.
Country music stars Colin Raye and Nathan Osmond, who is also a spokesman for the foundation, performed along with musician/composer Kurt Bestor, musician Jeff Senour and musical selections by the Utah Army Band and Choral Arts Society.
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17