Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Families of fallen heroes were honored during a star-studded ceremony at the Utah State Capitol on Veterans Day.
The American Fallen Warrior Memorial Foundation presented the historic presidential inaugural artwork "American Highrise" print with presidential seal to the state of Utah and the Utah 6. They are six Utah families who have lost sons in combat.
Country music stars Colin Raye and Nathan Osmond, who is also a spokesman for the foundation, performed along with musician/composer Kurt Bestor, musician Jeff Senour and musical selections by the Utah Army Band and Choral Arts Society.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23