Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Families of fallen heroes were honored during a star-studded ceremony at the Utah State Capitol on Veterans Day.
The American Fallen Warrior Memorial Foundation presented the historic presidential inaugural artwork "American Highrise" print with presidential seal to the state of Utah and the Utah 6. They are six Utah families who have lost sons in combat.
Country music stars Colin Raye and Nathan Osmond, who is also a spokesman for the foundation, performed along with musician/composer Kurt Bestor, musician Jeff Senour and musical selections by the Utah Army Band and Choral Arts Society.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22