Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Families of fallen heroes were honored during a star-studded ceremony at the Utah State Capitol on Veterans Day.
The American Fallen Warrior Memorial Foundation presented the historic presidential inaugural artwork "American Highrise" print with presidential seal to the state of Utah and the Utah 6. They are six Utah families who have lost sons in combat.
Country music stars Colin Raye and Nathan Osmond, who is also a spokesman for the foundation, performed along with musician/composer Kurt Bestor, musician Jeff Senour and musical selections by the Utah Army Band and Choral Arts Society.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 25
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22