If you are just doing a face lift or partial remodel, an interior designer or cabinet supplier who specializes in kitchen design can help. If you use the services of a professional, they will charge either an hourly fee or a percentage of the total cost of the construction budget or the goods purchased (usually 10 percent to 15 percent). The payback for spending part of your money on an architect and/or interior designer is to make sure you receive the biggest bang for your buck both aesthetically and functionally.
The kitchen is the heart of a modern home, as well as one of the main features that will affect the resale value of your property, so you don’t want to waste any opportunity to make sure your investment will be maximized.
As we have said before, the design and remodeling process takes time. So whether your kitchen gets a face-lift or a total redo, start planning now. By this time next year, you will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner in your beautiful, functional dream kitchen.
Ann Robinson and Annie V. Schwemmer are the Principal Architects and co-founders of a residential architectural firm focused on life-changing remodeling designs at RenovationDesignGroup.com. Send comments or questions to ask@RenovationDesignGroup.com
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- When Satan steals your motherhood 41
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- The rough road of single motherhood... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 9
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 8
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,... 7