SALT LAKE CITY — Philanthropists and volunteer leaders were honored during the Utah Philanthropy Day luncheon.
Since 1999, the Utah Nonprofits Association and the Utah Society of Fund Raisers have honored leaders in philanthropy by presenting service-oriented people with awards at a gala luncheon. Six awards honor the critical links between supportive philanthropy, leadership, creativity and volunteerism to assist nonprofit organizations in responding to community needs while improving lives.
During the luncheon Thursday, John Netto and Rev. Catherine Putnam-Netto received the Philanthropic Leadership award. The Foundation Spirit of Giving Award went to the McCarthey Family Foundation. Questar Corporation received the Corporate Spirit of Giving Award.
The Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award went to William E. Hulterstrom, the Outstanding Young Volunteer Award was giving to Austin Michael Dennis and the Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award was given to Kelly Maxfield.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17