SALT LAKE CITY — Philanthropists and volunteer leaders were honored during the Utah Philanthropy Day luncheon.
Since 1999, the Utah Nonprofits Association and the Utah Society of Fund Raisers have honored leaders in philanthropy by presenting service-oriented people with awards at a gala luncheon. Six awards honor the critical links between supportive philanthropy, leadership, creativity and volunteerism to assist nonprofit organizations in responding to community needs while improving lives.
During the luncheon Thursday, John Netto and Rev. Catherine Putnam-Netto received the Philanthropic Leadership award. The Foundation Spirit of Giving Award went to the McCarthey Family Foundation. Questar Corporation received the Corporate Spirit of Giving Award.
The Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award went to William E. Hulterstrom, the Outstanding Young Volunteer Award was giving to Austin Michael Dennis and the Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award was given to Kelly Maxfield.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26