SALT LAKE CITY — Philanthropists and volunteer leaders were honored during the Utah Philanthropy Day luncheon.
Since 1999, the Utah Nonprofits Association and the Utah Society of Fund Raisers have honored leaders in philanthropy by presenting service-oriented people with awards at a gala luncheon. Six awards honor the critical links between supportive philanthropy, leadership, creativity and volunteerism to assist nonprofit organizations in responding to community needs while improving lives.
During the luncheon Thursday, John Netto and Rev. Catherine Putnam-Netto received the Philanthropic Leadership award. The Foundation Spirit of Giving Award went to the McCarthey Family Foundation. Questar Corporation received the Corporate Spirit of Giving Award.
The Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award went to William E. Hulterstrom, the Outstanding Young Volunteer Award was giving to Austin Michael Dennis and the Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award was given to Kelly Maxfield.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24