SALT LAKE CITY — Philanthropists and volunteer leaders were honored during the Utah Philanthropy Day luncheon.
Since 1999, the Utah Nonprofits Association and the Utah Society of Fund Raisers have honored leaders in philanthropy by presenting service-oriented people with awards at a gala luncheon. Six awards honor the critical links between supportive philanthropy, leadership, creativity and volunteerism to assist nonprofit organizations in responding to community needs while improving lives.
During the luncheon Thursday, John Netto and Rev. Catherine Putnam-Netto received the Philanthropic Leadership award. The Foundation Spirit of Giving Award went to the McCarthey Family Foundation. Questar Corporation received the Corporate Spirit of Giving Award.
The Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award went to William E. Hulterstrom, the Outstanding Young Volunteer Award was giving to Austin Michael Dennis and the Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award was given to Kelly Maxfield.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11