SALT LAKE CITY — Philanthropists and volunteer leaders were honored during the Utah Philanthropy Day luncheon.
Since 1999, the Utah Nonprofits Association and the Utah Society of Fund Raisers have honored leaders in philanthropy by presenting service-oriented people with awards at a gala luncheon. Six awards honor the critical links between supportive philanthropy, leadership, creativity and volunteerism to assist nonprofit organizations in responding to community needs while improving lives.
During the luncheon Thursday, John Netto and Rev. Catherine Putnam-Netto received the Philanthropic Leadership award. The Foundation Spirit of Giving Award went to the McCarthey Family Foundation. Questar Corporation received the Corporate Spirit of Giving Award.
The Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award went to William E. Hulterstrom, the Outstanding Young Volunteer Award was giving to Austin Michael Dennis and the Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award was given to Kelly Maxfield.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12