It hardly seems likely, but the end of the year, and thus the first of the new 2013 curriculum cycle for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is fast approaching. Are you ready? This year, there are some big curriculum changes in the youth program and if you teach or work with youths, I’d suggest clicking in to get a glimpse of what is in store. Plus view the Primary "Outline for Sharing Time: I am a Child of God" and find out which prophet the Relief Society and Melchizedek Priesthood will be studying.
In one fell blog swoop, Larry Richman links to many of the “LDS Curriculum for 2013” resources including the overview document “Instructions for Curriculum 2013” that highlights the upcoming changes. Note that the adults will be studying the Doctrine and Covenants this year in their Sunday School classes. Relief Society and Melchizedek Priesthood will be studying from “The Teachings of Lorenzo Snow” on the second and third Sundays (not online yet, but purchasable in the link below).
But the biggest news is the youth curriculum changes, the “Come, Follow Me” outline will be used in both Young Women/Young Men and the associated Sunday School courses. And, it will be mostly accessed online. The instructions document explains, “Printed copies will be provided as determined by area leaders.” And check out this how to “Learn More about Come, Follow Me” introduction page, which includes a video that describes “Teaching the Gospel in the Savior’s Way.” I echo their invitation to come in and explore this new program. Oh, and the FAQ section can also be very helpful, especially for youth leaders curious about how to correctly implement the program.
Many of these curriculum resources will be available in app form. Richman explains, “Most of the materials can be viewed and downloaded online at lds.org/manuals or accessed in classrooms on mobile devices using the LDS Church’s Gospel Library mobile application.” Cool. Or, if you would like hard copies, click here.
Now let’s explore other great Bloggernacle posts:
Power pick: It begins with images of destruction along the coast. Devestation from Hurricane Sandy. Then suddenly people in yellow vests appear, ready to roll up their sleeves and work. One man explains "I didn't know what they were until they came over to the house and asked me if I needed any help. It's a great thing. And they are helping hundreds of homeowners here." And then a missionary chimes in, "Honestly that's why I came on a mission, to help the people of New York, whether it be to preach the gospel, or unflood a basement." Oh, listening to those helping and as well as those being helped brings tears to the eyes. Please watch this powerful video, share it, and click into the links below the video for ways you can help with the "Mormon Helping Hands: Hurricane Sandy" effort.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 108
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 8