Mormon teen boys tell girls they're beautiful through One Direction music video covers
And many other stakes are just as grateful for the idea. This was the case for the Mesa Arizona Alta Mesa Stake.
Brooke Eagleston is the girls camp assistant and adopted the idea after viewing her nephew in the Mesa Arizona Citrus Heights Stake video.
At their camp, the girls came to what they thought was a devotional. However, they soon heard voices of the young men come on a video, “Modesty makes a girl beautiful.”
The voices stopped, the music began and the girls erupted.
"They stood up, clapped, cheered, some of them were literally crying because they couldn't believe it — it was so adorable," Eagleston said. "Then all throughout camp they probably watched it 25-30 times."
Eagleston contacted the young men and although some of the boys were hesitant, they soon agreed. "After they realized what it would mean to the girls I think they realized that it was a sacrifice worth making," Eagleston said.
A sacrifice these young women will always remember.
"In the end, I think it was probably the very most memorable thing that came from camp," Eagleston said. "The girls just felt in complete awe that their leaders and the young men of the stake would do something like that for them."
Mike Wallace, videographer for the Mesa Arizona Alta Mesa Stake, said he was happy to be a part of something so special.
"This video is good because the youth of this stake made it that way. I was just lucky enough to be behind the camera," Wallace said. "The idea was not theirs but the message was: that the young women of this stake, and in reality all young women, are beautiful."
"I just loved that they could see such a positive message from these really good boys who honestly wanted them to think that they were beautiful," Eagleston said. "It was definitely extra work, but totally worth every hour of sleep lost."
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the world's most...
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 50
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 40
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the... 25
- The spiritual revolution taking place... 21
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian... 14