SALT LAKE CITY — The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City will present a check for $45,000 to Polio Plus during a special recognition luncheon.
Rotarian and keynote speaker Greg Podd, a member of the Rotary International Investment Committee, will be at the luncheon on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the City Creek Marriott.
The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City has more than 140 club members who are Paul Harris Fellows and whose $1,000 or more contributions fund foundation initiatives.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation, is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Polio Plus is one of its three key initiatives.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11