SALT LAKE CITY — The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City will present a check for $45,000 to Polio Plus during a special recognition luncheon.
Rotarian and keynote speaker Greg Podd, a member of the Rotary International Investment Committee, will be at the luncheon on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the City Creek Marriott.
The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City has more than 140 club members who are Paul Harris Fellows and whose $1,000 or more contributions fund foundation initiatives.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation, is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Polio Plus is one of its three key initiatives.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14