SALT LAKE CITY — The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City will present a check for $45,000 to Polio Plus during a special recognition luncheon.
Rotarian and keynote speaker Greg Podd, a member of the Rotary International Investment Committee, will be at the luncheon on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the City Creek Marriott.
The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City has more than 140 club members who are Paul Harris Fellows and whose $1,000 or more contributions fund foundation initiatives.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation, is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Polio Plus is one of its three key initiatives.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah to appeal polygamy ruling in... 13