SALT LAKE CITY — The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City will present a check for $45,000 to Polio Plus during a special recognition luncheon.
Rotarian and keynote speaker Greg Podd, a member of the Rotary International Investment Committee, will be at the luncheon on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the City Creek Marriott.
The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City has more than 140 club members who are Paul Harris Fellows and whose $1,000 or more contributions fund foundation initiatives.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation, is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Polio Plus is one of its three key initiatives.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 15
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 13