SALT LAKE CITY — The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City will present a check for $45,000 to Polio Plus during a special recognition luncheon.
Rotarian and keynote speaker Greg Podd, a member of the Rotary International Investment Committee, will be at the luncheon on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at the City Creek Marriott.
The Rotary Club of Salt Lake City has more than 140 club members who are Paul Harris Fellows and whose $1,000 or more contributions fund foundation initiatives.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation, a not-for-profit corporation, is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. Polio Plus is one of its three key initiatives.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13