SOUTH SALT LAKE — The name of a man fatally stabbed in the parking lot of a strip club was released Monday.
Dustin D. Hoffman, 27, was fatally stabbed over the weekend outside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State. A 29-year-old security guard of the club remained hospitalized in serious condition Monday with stab wounds he received during the fight. South Salt Lake police said the man's condition was stabilizing and improving.
Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of murder and attempted murder. According to Salt Lake County Jail report, Gallegos was "involved in gang fight" when he stabbed two people with a knife.
The fight reportedly started inside the club but was broken up by security. It resumed, however, outside the club.
Gallegos was previously convicted of aggravated robbery and sent to the Utah State Prison in 2002. He was released in 2010 and was on parole at the time of the stabbing.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Bingham High students walk out over... 35
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 13