SOUTH SALT LAKE — The name of a man fatally stabbed in the parking lot of a strip club was released Monday.
Dustin D. Hoffman, 27, was fatally stabbed over the weekend outside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State. A 29-year-old security guard of the club remained hospitalized in serious condition Monday with stab wounds he received during the fight. South Salt Lake police said the man's condition was stabilizing and improving.
Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of murder and attempted murder. According to Salt Lake County Jail report, Gallegos was "involved in gang fight" when he stabbed two people with a knife.
The fight reportedly started inside the club but was broken up by security. It resumed, however, outside the club.
Gallegos was previously convicted of aggravated robbery and sent to the Utah State Prison in 2002. He was released in 2010 and was on parole at the time of the stabbing.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10