SOUTH SALT LAKE — The name of a man fatally stabbed in the parking lot of a strip club was released Monday.
Dustin D. Hoffman, 27, was fatally stabbed over the weekend outside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State. A 29-year-old security guard of the club remained hospitalized in serious condition Monday with stab wounds he received during the fight. South Salt Lake police said the man's condition was stabilizing and improving.
Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of murder and attempted murder. According to Salt Lake County Jail report, Gallegos was "involved in gang fight" when he stabbed two people with a knife.
The fight reportedly started inside the club but was broken up by security. It resumed, however, outside the club.
Gallegos was previously convicted of aggravated robbery and sent to the Utah State Prison in 2002. He was released in 2010 and was on parole at the time of the stabbing.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24