SOUTH SALT LAKE — The name of a man fatally stabbed in the parking lot of a strip club was released Monday.
Dustin D. Hoffman, 27, was fatally stabbed over the weekend outside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State. A 29-year-old security guard of the club remained hospitalized in serious condition Monday with stab wounds he received during the fight. South Salt Lake police said the man's condition was stabilizing and improving.
Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of murder and attempted murder. According to Salt Lake County Jail report, Gallegos was "involved in gang fight" when he stabbed two people with a knife.
The fight reportedly started inside the club but was broken up by security. It resumed, however, outside the club.
Gallegos was previously convicted of aggravated robbery and sent to the Utah State Prison in 2002. He was released in 2010 and was on parole at the time of the stabbing.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 40
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 29
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 21
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18