SOUTH SALT LAKE — The name of a man fatally stabbed in the parking lot of a strip club was released Monday.
Dustin D. Hoffman, 27, was fatally stabbed over the weekend outside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State. A 29-year-old security guard of the club remained hospitalized in serious condition Monday with stab wounds he received during the fight. South Salt Lake police said the man's condition was stabilizing and improving.
Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of murder and attempted murder. According to Salt Lake County Jail report, Gallegos was "involved in gang fight" when he stabbed two people with a knife.
The fight reportedly started inside the club but was broken up by security. It resumed, however, outside the club.
Gallegos was previously convicted of aggravated robbery and sent to the Utah State Prison in 2002. He was released in 2010 and was on parole at the time of the stabbing.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16