USU cross-country: Alex Litzsinger garners All-Region honors from USTFCCCA on Monday
Utah State women's cross-country senior Alex Litzsinger earned All-Region accolades after placing 19th (21:08.4) at the NCAA Mountain Region Championships last weekend in Fort Collins, Colo., it was announced Monday by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
Athletes of member schools that finished in the top 25 individually at one of the nine regional sites earned the honor.
Litzsinger was one of three women to represent the Western Athletic Conference on the list, joining Courtney and Camille Schultz from New Mexico State. Overall, a total of 450 men and women athletes earned All-Region honors.
As a team, the Aggie women concluded the 2012 season by placing 10th at the Mountain Region Championships with 326 points, while the men finished the day in 14th place with 315 points.
The top finisher for the Utah State men was junior Kyle McKenna, who narrowly missed receiving All-Region honors as he finished in 26th place with a time of 30:53.1.
The USU's men and women's indoor track and field teams will begin competition January 18 when the teams travel to Albuquerque, N.M., for the Cherry & Silver Invitational.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28