USU cross-country: Alex Litzsinger garners All-Region honors from USTFCCCA on Monday
Utah State women's cross-country senior Alex Litzsinger earned All-Region accolades after placing 19th (21:08.4) at the NCAA Mountain Region Championships last weekend in Fort Collins, Colo., it was announced Monday by the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.
Athletes of member schools that finished in the top 25 individually at one of the nine regional sites earned the honor.
Litzsinger was one of three women to represent the Western Athletic Conference on the list, joining Courtney and Camille Schultz from New Mexico State. Overall, a total of 450 men and women athletes earned All-Region honors.
As a team, the Aggie women concluded the 2012 season by placing 10th at the Mountain Region Championships with 326 points, while the men finished the day in 14th place with 315 points.
The top finisher for the Utah State men was junior Kyle McKenna, who narrowly missed receiving All-Region honors as he finished in 26th place with a time of 30:53.1.
The USU's men and women's indoor track and field teams will begin competition January 18 when the teams travel to Albuquerque, N.M., for the Cherry & Silver Invitational.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15