EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A public hearing will be held Tuesday Nov. 13 on the proposed annexation of Eagle Mountain into the Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area.
The City Council has requested that the board of trustees of the fire service area annex the city beginning Jan. 1, 2013. A public hearing will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Eagle Mountain City Hall, 1650 E. Stagecoach Run.
The fire services will be funded primarily by property tax. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area also imposes fire facility impact fees on new construction. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a home valued at $200,000 would be $228.67. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a business valued at $200,000 would be $415.80.
Eagle Mountain has declared its intent to reduce its tax levy and fees by the same amount that it currently collects in property tax revenues. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area tax levy is larger than the current Eagle Mountain tax levy. The net difference for a home valued at $200,000 is $45.19 a year or $3.77 a month.
For more information property owners can call 801-743-7204.
Eagle Mountain property owners may protest the annexation by filing a written, signed protest by Dec. 13, 2012. The protests should be mailed or delivered to: Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area, 3380 S. 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84119.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 36
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17