EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A public hearing will be held Tuesday Nov. 13 on the proposed annexation of Eagle Mountain into the Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area.
The City Council has requested that the board of trustees of the fire service area annex the city beginning Jan. 1, 2013. A public hearing will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Eagle Mountain City Hall, 1650 E. Stagecoach Run.
The fire services will be funded primarily by property tax. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area also imposes fire facility impact fees on new construction. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a home valued at $200,000 would be $228.67. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a business valued at $200,000 would be $415.80.
Eagle Mountain has declared its intent to reduce its tax levy and fees by the same amount that it currently collects in property tax revenues. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area tax levy is larger than the current Eagle Mountain tax levy. The net difference for a home valued at $200,000 is $45.19 a year or $3.77 a month.
For more information property owners can call 801-743-7204.
Eagle Mountain property owners may protest the annexation by filing a written, signed protest by Dec. 13, 2012. The protests should be mailed or delivered to: Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area, 3380 S. 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84119.
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 50
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any... 24
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 18
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah... 15
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike,... 15
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12