EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A public hearing will be held Tuesday Nov. 13 on the proposed annexation of Eagle Mountain into the Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area.
The City Council has requested that the board of trustees of the fire service area annex the city beginning Jan. 1, 2013. A public hearing will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Eagle Mountain City Hall, 1650 E. Stagecoach Run.
The fire services will be funded primarily by property tax. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area also imposes fire facility impact fees on new construction. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a home valued at $200,000 would be $228.67. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a business valued at $200,000 would be $415.80.
Eagle Mountain has declared its intent to reduce its tax levy and fees by the same amount that it currently collects in property tax revenues. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area tax levy is larger than the current Eagle Mountain tax levy. The net difference for a home valued at $200,000 is $45.19 a year or $3.77 a month.
For more information property owners can call 801-743-7204.
Eagle Mountain property owners may protest the annexation by filing a written, signed protest by Dec. 13, 2012. The protests should be mailed or delivered to: Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area, 3380 S. 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84119.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13