EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A public hearing will be held Tuesday Nov. 13 on the proposed annexation of Eagle Mountain into the Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area.
The City Council has requested that the board of trustees of the fire service area annex the city beginning Jan. 1, 2013. A public hearing will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Eagle Mountain City Hall, 1650 E. Stagecoach Run.
The fire services will be funded primarily by property tax. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area also imposes fire facility impact fees on new construction. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a home valued at $200,000 would be $228.67. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a business valued at $200,000 would be $415.80.
Eagle Mountain has declared its intent to reduce its tax levy and fees by the same amount that it currently collects in property tax revenues. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area tax levy is larger than the current Eagle Mountain tax levy. The net difference for a home valued at $200,000 is $45.19 a year or $3.77 a month.
For more information property owners can call 801-743-7204.
Eagle Mountain property owners may protest the annexation by filing a written, signed protest by Dec. 13, 2012. The protests should be mailed or delivered to: Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area, 3380 S. 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84119.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14