EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A public hearing will be held Tuesday Nov. 13 on the proposed annexation of Eagle Mountain into the Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area.
The City Council has requested that the board of trustees of the fire service area annex the city beginning Jan. 1, 2013. A public hearing will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Eagle Mountain City Hall, 1650 E. Stagecoach Run.
The fire services will be funded primarily by property tax. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area also imposes fire facility impact fees on new construction. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a home valued at $200,000 would be $228.67. The estimated property tax imposed by the service area on a business valued at $200,000 would be $415.80.
Eagle Mountain has declared its intent to reduce its tax levy and fees by the same amount that it currently collects in property tax revenues. The Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area tax levy is larger than the current Eagle Mountain tax levy. The net difference for a home valued at $200,000 is $45.19 a year or $3.77 a month.
For more information property owners can call 801-743-7204.
Eagle Mountain property owners may protest the annexation by filing a written, signed protest by Dec. 13, 2012. The protests should be mailed or delivered to: Salt Lake Valley Fire Service Area, 3380 S. 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84119.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8