OGDEN — A man is dead after a violent confrontation with police officers.
Ogden police were called to a domestic violence incident around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of 4th Street, where officers made contact with individuals inside the home.
While conducting the investigation, officers were fired upon inside the home, but were able to return fire and retreat from the house. Authorities were able to safely remove additional occupants from inside the home, but the armed suspect barricaded himself and refused to come out.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded to assist. After negotiations ceased, entry was eventually made inside the home where the suspect was found deceased.
The investigation is ongoing. The officers involved are on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the independent investigation conducted by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23