OGDEN — A man is dead after a violent confrontation with police officers.
Ogden police were called to a domestic violence incident around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of 4th Street, where officers made contact with individuals inside the home.
While conducting the investigation, officers were fired upon inside the home, but were able to return fire and retreat from the house. Authorities were able to safely remove additional occupants from inside the home, but the armed suspect barricaded himself and refused to come out.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded to assist. After negotiations ceased, entry was eventually made inside the home where the suspect was found deceased.
The investigation is ongoing. The officers involved are on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the independent investigation conducted by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23