OGDEN — A man is dead after a violent confrontation with police officers.
Ogden police were called to a domestic violence incident around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of 4th Street, where officers made contact with individuals inside the home.
While conducting the investigation, officers were fired upon inside the home, but were able to return fire and retreat from the house. Authorities were able to safely remove additional occupants from inside the home, but the armed suspect barricaded himself and refused to come out.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded to assist. After negotiations ceased, entry was eventually made inside the home where the suspect was found deceased.
The investigation is ongoing. The officers involved are on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the independent investigation conducted by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35