OGDEN — A man is dead after a violent confrontation with police officers.
Ogden police were called to a domestic violence incident around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of 4th Street, where officers made contact with individuals inside the home.
While conducting the investigation, officers were fired upon inside the home, but were able to return fire and retreat from the house. Authorities were able to safely remove additional occupants from inside the home, but the armed suspect barricaded himself and refused to come out.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded to assist. After negotiations ceased, entry was eventually made inside the home where the suspect was found deceased.
The investigation is ongoing. The officers involved are on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the independent investigation conducted by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12