OGDEN — A man is dead after a violent confrontation with police officers.
Ogden police were called to a domestic violence incident around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of 4th Street, where officers made contact with individuals inside the home.
While conducting the investigation, officers were fired upon inside the home, but were able to return fire and retreat from the house. Authorities were able to safely remove additional occupants from inside the home, but the armed suspect barricaded himself and refused to come out.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded to assist. After negotiations ceased, entry was eventually made inside the home where the suspect was found deceased.
The investigation is ongoing. The officers involved are on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the independent investigation conducted by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8