OGDEN — A man is dead after a violent confrontation with police officers.
Ogden police were called to a domestic violence incident around 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of 4th Street, where officers made contact with individuals inside the home.
While conducting the investigation, officers were fired upon inside the home, but were able to return fire and retreat from the house. Authorities were able to safely remove additional occupants from inside the home, but the armed suspect barricaded himself and refused to come out.
The Ogden-Metro SWAT team responded to assist. After negotiations ceased, entry was eventually made inside the home where the suspect was found deceased.
The investigation is ongoing. The officers involved are on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the independent investigation conducted by the Weber County Attorney's Office.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15