SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man is in custody in connection with a fatal knife attack at a local gentlemen's club Saturday night.
Authorities arrested Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, of South Salt Lake as part of a homicide investigation following a violent confrontation that left one man dead and another critically injured.
Police said the altercation occurred inside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State just after 11 p.m. The fight initially started and was broken up inside the club, but continued when the parties moved outside, said South Salt Lake Police spokesman Gary Keller.
Investigators said a 27-year-old man was stabbed multiple times in the upper body and was pronounced dead at the scene. A 29-year-old man, who is a security guard at the club, was also stabbed and was transported to an area hospital in critical condition.
Keller said investigators are trying to piece together exactly what happened, as well as figure out how many individuals may have been involved in the incident.
He said preliminary information indicated that other people may have been involved in the confrontation, but whether the altercation was gang related was still unknown. The names of the victims are being withheld pending notification of relatives, Keller said.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 30
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12