SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man is in custody in connection with a fatal knife attack at a local gentlemen's club Saturday night.
Authorities arrested Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, of South Salt Lake as part of a homicide investigation following a violent confrontation that left one man dead and another critically injured.
Police said the altercation occurred inside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State just after 11 p.m. The fight initially started and was broken up inside the club, but continued when the parties moved outside, said South Salt Lake Police spokesman Gary Keller.
Investigators said a 27-year-old man was stabbed multiple times in the upper body and was pronounced dead at the scene. A 29-year-old man, who is a security guard at the club, was also stabbed and was transported to an area hospital in critical condition.
Keller said investigators are trying to piece together exactly what happened, as well as figure out how many individuals may have been involved in the incident.
He said preliminary information indicated that other people may have been involved in the confrontation, but whether the altercation was gang related was still unknown. The names of the victims are being withheld pending notification of relatives, Keller said.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 23
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 22