SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man is in custody in connection with a fatal knife attack at a local gentlemen's club Saturday night.
Authorities arrested Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, of South Salt Lake as part of a homicide investigation following a violent confrontation that left one man dead and another critically injured.
Police said the altercation occurred inside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State just after 11 p.m. The fight initially started and was broken up inside the club, but continued when the parties moved outside, said South Salt Lake Police spokesman Gary Keller.
Investigators said a 27-year-old man was stabbed multiple times in the upper body and was pronounced dead at the scene. A 29-year-old man, who is a security guard at the club, was also stabbed and was transported to an area hospital in critical condition.
Keller said investigators are trying to piece together exactly what happened, as well as figure out how many individuals may have been involved in the incident.
He said preliminary information indicated that other people may have been involved in the confrontation, but whether the altercation was gang related was still unknown. The names of the victims are being withheld pending notification of relatives, Keller said.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15