SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man is in custody in connection with a fatal knife attack at a local gentlemen's club Saturday night.
Authorities arrested Isaac Anthony Gallegos, 44, of South Salt Lake as part of a homicide investigation following a violent confrontation that left one man dead and another critically injured.
Police said the altercation occurred inside Southern Exposure at 3420 S. State just after 11 p.m. The fight initially started and was broken up inside the club, but continued when the parties moved outside, said South Salt Lake Police spokesman Gary Keller.
Investigators said a 27-year-old man was stabbed multiple times in the upper body and was pronounced dead at the scene. A 29-year-old man, who is a security guard at the club, was also stabbed and was transported to an area hospital in critical condition.
Keller said investigators are trying to piece together exactly what happened, as well as figure out how many individuals may have been involved in the incident.
He said preliminary information indicated that other people may have been involved in the confrontation, but whether the altercation was gang related was still unknown. The names of the victims are being withheld pending notification of relatives, Keller said.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 29
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17