Utah Utes football: Washington scores 14 unanswered points, takes 14-8 lead into halftime
JOHN LOK, AP
Utah opened its game at Washington with tough defense and an early score.
However, it did not last as the Utes allowed Washington quarterback Kieth Price to connect with several recievers and account for two touchdowns to help the Huskies take a 14-8 lead over the Utes at halftime.
The visiting Utah Utes' lone score came from a John White 46-yard rush, when he was able to break through the pack in the first quarter. Utah converted a two-point conversion following the touchdown.
Washington was able to counter in the second quarter with a touchdown pass to Kasen Williams.
Then a short while later, Price connected with Jaydon Mickens for a 47-yard gain to enter the red zone. Price ran the ball four yards for the touchdown.
Utah's rushing leader is John White who already has 91 yards on 11 attempts. Washington's Bishop Sankey is close behind him with 84 yards.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San Francisco
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 73
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35