Utah Utes football: Washington scores 14 unanswered points, takes 14-8 lead into halftime
JOHN LOK, AP
Utah opened its game at Washington with tough defense and an early score.
However, it did not last as the Utes allowed Washington quarterback Kieth Price to connect with several recievers and account for two touchdowns to help the Huskies take a 14-8 lead over the Utes at halftime.
The visiting Utah Utes' lone score came from a John White 46-yard rush, when he was able to break through the pack in the first quarter. Utah converted a two-point conversion following the touchdown.
Washington was able to counter in the second quarter with a touchdown pass to Kasen Williams.
Then a short while later, Price connected with Jaydon Mickens for a 47-yard gain to enter the red zone. Price ran the ball four yards for the touchdown.
Utah's rushing leader is John White who already has 91 yards on 11 attempts. Washington's Bishop Sankey is close behind him with 84 yards.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44