Utah Utes football: Washington scores 14 unanswered points, takes 14-8 lead into halftime
JOHN LOK, AP
Utah opened its game at Washington with tough defense and an early score.
However, it did not last as the Utes allowed Washington quarterback Kieth Price to connect with several recievers and account for two touchdowns to help the Huskies take a 14-8 lead over the Utes at halftime.
The visiting Utah Utes' lone score came from a John White 46-yard rush, when he was able to break through the pack in the first quarter. Utah converted a two-point conversion following the touchdown.
Washington was able to counter in the second quarter with a touchdown pass to Kasen Williams.
Then a short while later, Price connected with Jaydon Mickens for a 47-yard gain to enter the red zone. Price ran the ball four yards for the touchdown.
Utah's rushing leader is John White who already has 91 yards on 11 attempts. Washington's Bishop Sankey is close behind him with 84 yards.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 67
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 53
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 34
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31