Utah Utes football: Washington scores 14 unanswered points, takes 14-8 lead into halftime
JOHN LOK, AP
Utah opened its game at Washington with tough defense and an early score.
However, it did not last as the Utes allowed Washington quarterback Kieth Price to connect with several recievers and account for two touchdowns to help the Huskies take a 14-8 lead over the Utes at halftime.
The visiting Utah Utes' lone score came from a John White 46-yard rush, when he was able to break through the pack in the first quarter. Utah converted a two-point conversion following the touchdown.
Washington was able to counter in the second quarter with a touchdown pass to Kasen Williams.
Then a short while later, Price connected with Jaydon Mickens for a 47-yard gain to enter the red zone. Price ran the ball four yards for the touchdown.
Utah's rushing leader is John White who already has 91 yards on 11 attempts. Washington's Bishop Sankey is close behind him with 84 yards.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25