Utah Utes football: Washington scores 14 unanswered points, takes 14-8 lead into halftime
JOHN LOK, AP
Utah opened its game at Washington with tough defense and an early score.
However, it did not last as the Utes allowed Washington quarterback Kieth Price to connect with several recievers and account for two touchdowns to help the Huskies take a 14-8 lead over the Utes at halftime.
The visiting Utah Utes' lone score came from a John White 46-yard rush, when he was able to break through the pack in the first quarter. Utah converted a two-point conversion following the touchdown.
Washington was able to counter in the second quarter with a touchdown pass to Kasen Williams.
Then a short while later, Price connected with Jaydon Mickens for a 47-yard gain to enter the red zone. Price ran the ball four yards for the touchdown.
Utah's rushing leader is John White who already has 91 yards on 11 attempts. Washington's Bishop Sankey is close behind him with 84 yards.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 30