Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz defeated the Phoenix Suns 94-81 behind 27 points and 10 rebounds by Al Jefferson. Jamaal Tinsley added 14 assists for the Jazz.
The Jazz led by as many as 22 points, but after being outscored 18-2 in a nine-minute stretch in the fourth quarter, their lead shrunk down to just five points. But the Jazz wouldn't be denied. They finished off the Suns with scores from Jefferson, Marvin Williams and Paul Millsap.
Five Jazz players reached double figures in scoring.
Luis Scola led the Suns with 21 points and 11 boards.
With the win, the Jazz jump to 3-4. They will next travel to Toronto to play the Raptors on Monday.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 58
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37