Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz defeated the Phoenix Suns 94-81 behind 27 points and 10 rebounds by Al Jefferson. Jamaal Tinsley added 14 assists for the Jazz.
The Jazz led by as many as 22 points, but after being outscored 18-2 in a nine-minute stretch in the fourth quarter, their lead shrunk down to just five points. But the Jazz wouldn't be denied. They finished off the Suns with scores from Jefferson, Marvin Williams and Paul Millsap.
Five Jazz players reached double figures in scoring.
Luis Scola led the Suns with 21 points and 11 boards.
With the win, the Jazz jump to 3-4. They will next travel to Toronto to play the Raptors on Monday.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Dick Harmon: How much swagger BYU finds after...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 84
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 62
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 26
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25