Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz defeated the Phoenix Suns 94-81 behind 27 points and 10 rebounds by Al Jefferson. Jamaal Tinsley added 14 assists for the Jazz.
The Jazz led by as many as 22 points, but after being outscored 18-2 in a nine-minute stretch in the fourth quarter, their lead shrunk down to just five points. But the Jazz wouldn't be denied. They finished off the Suns with scores from Jefferson, Marvin Williams and Paul Millsap.
Five Jazz players reached double figures in scoring.
Luis Scola led the Suns with 21 points and 11 boards.
With the win, the Jazz jump to 3-4. They will next travel to Toronto to play the Raptors on Monday.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26