Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz defeated the Phoenix Suns 94-81 behind 27 points and 10 rebounds by Al Jefferson. Jamaal Tinsley added 14 assists for the Jazz.
The Jazz led by as many as 22 points, but after being outscored 18-2 in a nine-minute stretch in the fourth quarter, their lead shrunk down to just five points. But the Jazz wouldn't be denied. They finished off the Suns with scores from Jefferson, Marvin Williams and Paul Millsap.
Five Jazz players reached double figures in scoring.
Luis Scola led the Suns with 21 points and 11 boards.
With the win, the Jazz jump to 3-4. They will next travel to Toronto to play the Raptors on Monday.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22