Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah Jazz defeated the Phoenix Suns 94-81 behind 27 points and 10 rebounds by Al Jefferson. Jamaal Tinsley added 14 assists for the Jazz.
The Jazz led by as many as 22 points, but after being outscored 18-2 in a nine-minute stretch in the fourth quarter, their lead shrunk down to just five points. But the Jazz wouldn't be denied. They finished off the Suns with scores from Jefferson, Marvin Williams and Paul Millsap.
Five Jazz players reached double figures in scoring.
Luis Scola led the Suns with 21 points and 11 boards.
With the win, the Jazz jump to 3-4. They will next travel to Toronto to play the Raptors on Monday.
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 71
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 64
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40