Former MLB player didn't get recognized while on ‘Survivor’
“I was able to play like everybody else,” he said of his anonymity. He told his fellow castaways he had a ranch in Texas and was a motorcycle dealer — both of which were true.
He didn’t recognize Welchel, a former star on “The Facts of Life,” but did have some recognition that she was someone with a bit more fame than the others.
Kent had torn his MCL on that first day of competition when he jumped off the boat onto the raft and the medical personnel confirmed that when he was examined at Ponderosa.
“I knew I hurt it and it hurt bad,” he said. He had knee surgery about eight months before going on the show. It rained for several days and he got to rest his knee, as they couldn’t do much at their camp.
It was during the challenges that involved running in the mud where he wasn’t necessarily 100 percent.
“I just banged it up,” he added.
Now, he’s part of the “Survivor: Philippines” jury and it’s the jury members who will ultimately vote among the last three who will be the sole survivor and win $1 million. Jury members observe Tribal Councils, but don’t participate until the final one.
Which means he had plenty of time at Ponderosa — eating three meals a day, reading books and magazines, listening to music on his iPod while spending time poolside.
“I was pulling my hair out,” Kent said as the group was fairly sequestered while at Ponderosa.
Kent plans on looking at who has earned the title and trophy, and not necessarily who needed the money more.
And now, he’s rooting for 24-year-old Carter Williams. Williams and Kent have trusted each other through the game.
“I don’t think there is anyone on there that had the trust relationship that we did,” Kent said of Williams.
Being a Mormon didn’t come up on the show as religion really didn’t come up among the castaways he was with, but he did try to portray himself as having Christian values and apologized in one of the online video interviews for having to lie.
“I’m not angry about it and I’m not vindictive,” Kent said during the conference call. “I wish that I would have won.”
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether Colbert...
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- Tech-heavy 'Nerve's' style wrestles its...
- Game review: Pathfinder RPG book: Ultimate...
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1
- Websites allow viewers, parents to... 1
- New Southern Utah Museum of Art at SUU... 1
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of... 0
- 4 tips for planning a successful family... 0