The Utah Jazz continued to struggle on the road, falling to the Denver Nuggets 104-84 in Denver on Friday.
After outscoring Denver 27-26 in the first quarter, the Jazz were outscored in the final three quarters, including 27-11 in the decisive second quarter. The Jazz had a stretch in the second where they were outscored 17-2 by the Nuggets, a hole too deep to get out of.
The Jazz shot a dismal 37 percent from the field and just 4-23 from deep. The Jazz also committed 18 turnovers, compared to 12 by the Nuggets.
Gordon Hayward led the Jazz in scoring with 15 points on 6-7 shooting from the field. Derrick Favors chipped in with 10 points, 11 boards and five blocks.
Denver's Corey Brewer had a game-high 20 points.
The loss drops the Jazz to 2-4 on the season and is the team's fourth consecutive road loss.
The Jazz travel back to Salt Lake City to play the Phoenix Suns, Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between BYU...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of...
- Rapid Fire: Hamson cements her legacy; Utah...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 105
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 25
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off... 21