The Utah Jazz continued to struggle on the road, falling to the Denver Nuggets 104-84 in Denver on Friday.
After outscoring Denver 27-26 in the first quarter, the Jazz were outscored in the final three quarters, including 27-11 in the decisive second quarter. The Jazz had a stretch in the second where they were outscored 17-2 by the Nuggets, a hole too deep to get out of.
The Jazz shot a dismal 37 percent from the field and just 4-23 from deep. The Jazz also committed 18 turnovers, compared to 12 by the Nuggets.
Gordon Hayward led the Jazz in scoring with 15 points on 6-7 shooting from the field. Derrick Favors chipped in with 10 points, 11 boards and five blocks.
Denver's Corey Brewer had a game-high 20 points.
The loss drops the Jazz to 2-4 on the season and is the team's fourth consecutive road loss.
The Jazz travel back to Salt Lake City to play the Phoenix Suns, Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 93
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26