Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
DENVER — Utah Jazz starting center Al Jefferson pronounced himself ready and good to go for tonight's game against the Denver Nuggets following the team's shootaround Friday afternoon at the Pepsi Center.
Jefferson, averaging 13.4 points and a team-leading 10.0 rebounds per game, missed Thursday's team practice session with a stomach virus.
But he was able to fully participate in Friday's shootaround in preparation for tonight's 8:30 p.m. matchup with the Northwest Division rival Nuggets.
"I'm feeling good. I'm a lot better," he said. "I'm just a little weak after yesterday, but I'm going to be ready for tonight.
"It's great. It's great," he said of his stomach issues. "I don't know, maybe it was a little 12-hour bug or something, but it's good now. It'll take more than that to keep me out."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin was counting on Big Al's presence on the court in tonight's contest, in which he'll go up against Denver starting center Kosta Koufos — the guy the Jazz traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to get Jefferson in 2010.
"He's gonna go," Corbin said of Jefferson, the team's third-leading scorer thus far this season.
"He's gonna try — 100 percent I don't know, you'll have to talk to him about that — but he was sick all day yesterday and a little bit last night.
"But he was good at shootaround this morning and we're expecting him to be ready to go," the Jazz coach said.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18