Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
DENVER — Utah Jazz starting center Al Jefferson pronounced himself ready and good to go for tonight's game against the Denver Nuggets following the team's shootaround Friday afternoon at the Pepsi Center.
Jefferson, averaging 13.4 points and a team-leading 10.0 rebounds per game, missed Thursday's team practice session with a stomach virus.
But he was able to fully participate in Friday's shootaround in preparation for tonight's 8:30 p.m. matchup with the Northwest Division rival Nuggets.
"I'm feeling good. I'm a lot better," he said. "I'm just a little weak after yesterday, but I'm going to be ready for tonight.
"It's great. It's great," he said of his stomach issues. "I don't know, maybe it was a little 12-hour bug or something, but it's good now. It'll take more than that to keep me out."
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin was counting on Big Al's presence on the court in tonight's contest, in which he'll go up against Denver starting center Kosta Koufos — the guy the Jazz traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to get Jefferson in 2010.
"He's gonna go," Corbin said of Jefferson, the team's third-leading scorer thus far this season.
"He's gonna try — 100 percent I don't know, you'll have to talk to him about that — but he was sick all day yesterday and a little bit last night.
"But he was good at shootaround this morning and we're expecting him to be ready to go," the Jazz coach said.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 90
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 71
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 62
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 31