International Art Competition for youth gallery will open at LDS Church History Museum Nov. 16
Toni Oka, another youth intern, especially enjoyed the opportunity to view artwork for youths her age from across the world.
"I was shocked and impressed by the unique and incredible talents the youth all over the world have to offer," Oka said. "Young artists can produce works that are so extravagant and breathtaking. I hope when people come to see the exhibit, they feel the voice behind every work."
Although another youth contest hasn't been planned yet, both West and Wright expressed their hopes to see another one in the future.
"The hope would be that we see how this goes and get to do something similar again," Wright said. "It is something we definitely hope will build."
If you go
What: International Art Competition for Youth exhibit, opening Nov. 16
Where: Church History Museum, 45 N. West Temple, Salt Lake City
Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a Communications major and editing minor.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- A crash course in 'Star Trek' for non-Trekkies
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew... 1
- Turning the corner? E-book revenue... 1
- ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’:... 1