Desert Star Playhouse will present holiday sequel 'My Big Fat Utah Christmas' starting Nov. 15
Desert Star Playhouse has produced a holiday sequel for one of its biggest hits. The new comedy, titled "My Big Fat Utah Christmas," includes wacky characters and hopes to bring "laughs and holiday cheer for the whole family," according to a news release.
The show will be performed Nov. 15. to Jan. 5.
The theatrical production begins with a typical Utah family trying to teach their kids about the true meaning of Christmas. Inviting relatives for a much overdue family reunion, the once-anticipated special gathering soon turns into a big, fat Utah Christmas. Weird relatives and sneaky burglars will bring entertainment to the show, said a news release.
Afterward, there will also be signature musical olios from Desert Star. The "Deck the Halls Olio" will feature cheerful holiday music and a special appearance by Santa Claus himself. Food will also be served by saloon girls for those wanting to eat while they watch the show.
In 2005-'06, Desert Star Playhouse made history with its blockbuster comedy "My Big Fat Utah Wedding." It became the longest-running theatrical production in Utah. "My Big Fat Utah Christmas" was written by Ed Farnsworth.
There will be two shows every night starting in December. Tickets range from $14.95 to $19.95 for adults and $9.95 for children 11 and under. Tickets can be reserved by calling 801-266-2600. For more information on tickets, show dates and times, visit www.desertstar.biz.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving her bachelor's in communications.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- 11 movies to watch out for this fall
- The changing definition of 'TV': What parents...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- When it comes to TV's future, Millennials...
- Miss America: More to worry about than red cup
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite abuse charge
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 13
- NFL to look into its handling of Rice case 8
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 4
- Former NFL QB Scott Mitchell goes on... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 1
- When it comes to TV's future,... 1