Desert Star Playhouse will present holiday sequel 'My Big Fat Utah Christmas' starting Nov. 15
Desert Star Playhouse has produced a holiday sequel for one of its biggest hits. The new comedy, titled "My Big Fat Utah Christmas," includes wacky characters and hopes to bring "laughs and holiday cheer for the whole family," according to a news release.
The show will be performed Nov. 15. to Jan. 5.
The theatrical production begins with a typical Utah family trying to teach their kids about the true meaning of Christmas. Inviting relatives for a much overdue family reunion, the once-anticipated special gathering soon turns into a big, fat Utah Christmas. Weird relatives and sneaky burglars will bring entertainment to the show, said a news release.
Afterward, there will also be signature musical olios from Desert Star. The "Deck the Halls Olio" will feature cheerful holiday music and a special appearance by Santa Claus himself. Food will also be served by saloon girls for those wanting to eat while they watch the show.
In 2005-'06, Desert Star Playhouse made history with its blockbuster comedy "My Big Fat Utah Wedding." It became the longest-running theatrical production in Utah. "My Big Fat Utah Christmas" was written by Ed Farnsworth.
There will be two shows every night starting in December. Tickets range from $14.95 to $19.95 for adults and $9.95 for children 11 and under. Tickets can be reserved by calling 801-266-2600. For more information on tickets, show dates and times, visit www.desertstar.biz.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for the Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho, receiving her bachelor's in communications.
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Erin Stewart: How to survive your...
- Sherry Young: The world is indeed a glorious...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for your kids
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Miss America: More to worry about than... 1