Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PARK CITY — One of Park City's popular Main Street restaurants will be temporarily closed due to an early morning fire.
Fire damaged Wasatch Brew Pub, 250 Main St., Friday morning. The fire at the top of the street was reported about 6:15 a.m. About 25 firefighters and several police officers responded to the structure, said Park City Fire Battalion Chief Ray Huntsinger.
The exact cause and origin of the fire were still under investigation Friday morning. But Park City Police Capt. Phil Kirk said most of the fire damage was in an area where the outdoor deck was in the process of being remodeled. Workers were remodeling the deck late Thursday night, he said.
The first arriving emergency crews saw flames coming off the back deck, Kirk said.
Huntsinger said the fire was contained to one small corner of the pub — the outside deck area that extended into the interior of the bar. But there was significant water damage throughout the structure, he said.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 91
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 55
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18