Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PARK CITY — One of Park City's popular Main Street restaurants will be temporarily closed due to an early morning fire.
Fire damaged Wasatch Brew Pub, 250 Main St., Friday morning. The fire at the top of the street was reported about 6:15 a.m. About 25 firefighters and several police officers responded to the structure, said Park City Fire Battalion Chief Ray Huntsinger.
The exact cause and origin of the fire were still under investigation Friday morning. But Park City Police Capt. Phil Kirk said most of the fire damage was in an area where the outdoor deck was in the process of being remodeled. Workers were remodeling the deck late Thursday night, he said.
The first arriving emergency crews saw flames coming off the back deck, Kirk said.
Huntsinger said the fire was contained to one small corner of the pub — the outside deck area that extended into the interior of the bar. But there was significant water damage throughout the structure, he said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17