Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PARK CITY — One of Park City's popular Main Street restaurants will be temporarily closed due to an early morning fire.
Fire damaged Wasatch Brew Pub, 250 Main St., Friday morning. The fire at the top of the street was reported about 6:15 a.m. About 25 firefighters and several police officers responded to the structure, said Park City Fire Battalion Chief Ray Huntsinger.
The exact cause and origin of the fire were still under investigation Friday morning. But Park City Police Capt. Phil Kirk said most of the fire damage was in an area where the outdoor deck was in the process of being remodeled. Workers were remodeling the deck late Thursday night, he said.
The first arriving emergency crews saw flames coming off the back deck, Kirk said.
Huntsinger said the fire was contained to one small corner of the pub — the outside deck area that extended into the interior of the bar. But there was significant water damage throughout the structure, he said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10