Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PARK CITY — One of Park City's popular Main Street restaurants will be temporarily closed due to an early morning fire.
Fire damaged Wasatch Brew Pub, 250 Main St., Friday morning. The fire at the top of the street was reported about 6:15 a.m. About 25 firefighters and several police officers responded to the structure, said Park City Fire Battalion Chief Ray Huntsinger.
The exact cause and origin of the fire were still under investigation Friday morning. But Park City Police Capt. Phil Kirk said most of the fire damage was in an area where the outdoor deck was in the process of being remodeled. Workers were remodeling the deck late Thursday night, he said.
The first arriving emergency crews saw flames coming off the back deck, Kirk said.
Huntsinger said the fire was contained to one small corner of the pub — the outside deck area that extended into the interior of the bar. But there was significant water damage throughout the structure, he said.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26