Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PARK CITY — One of Park City's popular Main Street restaurants will be temporarily closed due to an early morning fire.
Fire damaged Wasatch Brew Pub, 250 Main St., Friday morning. The fire at the top of the street was reported about 6:15 a.m. About 25 firefighters and several police officers responded to the structure, said Park City Fire Battalion Chief Ray Huntsinger.
The exact cause and origin of the fire were still under investigation Friday morning. But Park City Police Capt. Phil Kirk said most of the fire damage was in an area where the outdoor deck was in the process of being remodeled. Workers were remodeling the deck late Thursday night, he said.
The first arriving emergency crews saw flames coming off the back deck, Kirk said.
Huntsinger said the fire was contained to one small corner of the pub — the outside deck area that extended into the interior of the bar. But there was significant water damage throughout the structure, he said.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15