High school football: Jordan earns a shot at 5A football title with win over Lone Peak
Moss said the players put in so much time it "feels like a full-time job" because of the emotional investment.
"Just representing Jordan and finally getting this opportunity is special," said Moss, who earned 115 yards and scored three touchdowns in the win. "We're going to do the best we can and hopefully come out with a W (next week)."
Moss said beating the team that broke their hearts last year was satisfying.
"We prepared one game at a time," said Moss. "After losing to them last year, we wanted to take it to them, and that's what we did today."
Kafentzis said they weren't worried about who they played in Thursday's game, only that they earned a win. He said the game might be the best overall game the Beetdiggers have played this season.
"I think we played amazing tonight," said Kafentzis. "Last year, coming off of that loss, I think we all came together this game and we worked on the things we didn't do last year."
Gajkowski finished with 69 yards rushing, 263 yards passing and two touchdowns. He was sacked four times, while Kafentzis wasn't sacked at all.
Kjar said earning the school's first state title since 1994 would be important for the players and the community that supports them.
"It would be pretty special for them, I know it would be," said Kjar, "for how hard they worked, the amount of time they've poured into getting good at their positions, playing the game, and all the effort that's been put forth by them, it's going to mean a ton to them. It's something they're hungry for, and obviously we're hungry for it as coaches. It kind of makes everything worth it if we win it."
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25