VERNAL — Police say a distracted driver caused a head-on crash just before noon Thursday that injured two people.
Matthew Clark told investigators he got distracted while driving on state Route 191 about six miles north of Vernal, and his truck crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Clark, 33, was trying to pull back into his lane when he crashed into an oncoming truck, Pratt said.
The driver of the second truck, Michael Demarco, and his passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle by firefighters.
Demarco, 42, and his passenger were taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center with serious injuries, Pratt said. They were later flown to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The name of Demarco's passenger was not released.
Clark was not injured in the crash, Pratt said. He was cited for improper lane travel.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15