VERNAL — Police say a distracted driver caused a head-on crash just before noon Thursday that injured two people.
Matthew Clark told investigators he got distracted while driving on state Route 191 about six miles north of Vernal, and his truck crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Clark, 33, was trying to pull back into his lane when he crashed into an oncoming truck, Pratt said.
The driver of the second truck, Michael Demarco, and his passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle by firefighters.
Demarco, 42, and his passenger were taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center with serious injuries, Pratt said. They were later flown to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The name of Demarco's passenger was not released.
Clark was not injured in the crash, Pratt said. He was cited for improper lane travel.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 89
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 37
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 22
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18