VERNAL — Police say a distracted driver caused a head-on crash just before noon Thursday that injured two people.
Matthew Clark told investigators he got distracted while driving on state Route 191 about six miles north of Vernal, and his truck crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Clark, 33, was trying to pull back into his lane when he crashed into an oncoming truck, Pratt said.
The driver of the second truck, Michael Demarco, and his passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle by firefighters.
Demarco, 42, and his passenger were taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center with serious injuries, Pratt said. They were later flown to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The name of Demarco's passenger was not released.
Clark was not injured in the crash, Pratt said. He was cited for improper lane travel.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Earthquake in eastern Nevada felt in St....
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15