VERNAL — Police say a distracted driver caused a head-on crash just before noon Thursday that injured two people.
Matthew Clark told investigators he got distracted while driving on state Route 191 about six miles north of Vernal, and his truck crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Clark, 33, was trying to pull back into his lane when he crashed into an oncoming truck, Pratt said.
The driver of the second truck, Michael Demarco, and his passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle by firefighters.
Demarco, 42, and his passenger were taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center with serious injuries, Pratt said. They were later flown to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The name of Demarco's passenger was not released.
Clark was not injured in the crash, Pratt said. He was cited for improper lane travel.
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Man killed in officer-involved shooting in...
- Family frustrated with lack of charges in...
- Provo transit project set to begin, despite...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- GOP primary in governor's race now focused on...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21
- Utah council wants governor, A.G. probe... 18
- FEC complaint filed against Chaffetz by... 16