VERNAL — Police say a distracted driver caused a head-on crash just before noon Thursday that injured two people.
Matthew Clark told investigators he got distracted while driving on state Route 191 about six miles north of Vernal, and his truck crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Clark, 33, was trying to pull back into his lane when he crashed into an oncoming truck, Pratt said.
The driver of the second truck, Michael Demarco, and his passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle by firefighters.
Demarco, 42, and his passenger were taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center with serious injuries, Pratt said. They were later flown to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The name of Demarco's passenger was not released.
Clark was not injured in the crash, Pratt said. He was cited for improper lane travel.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 20
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9