VERNAL — Police say a distracted driver caused a head-on crash just before noon Thursday that injured two people.
Matthew Clark told investigators he got distracted while driving on state Route 191 about six miles north of Vernal, and his truck crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Clark, 33, was trying to pull back into his lane when he crashed into an oncoming truck, Pratt said.
The driver of the second truck, Michael Demarco, and his passenger had to be extricated from the vehicle by firefighters.
Demarco, 42, and his passenger were taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center with serious injuries, Pratt said. They were later flown to a Salt Lake City hospital.
The name of Demarco's passenger was not released.
Clark was not injured in the crash, Pratt said. He was cited for improper lane travel.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- 2 Bountiful girls charged with faking...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 35
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20