Yes, Utah's 2008 first-round draft choice, who was traded away to the Minnesota Timberwolves in the deal that brought Al Jefferson to the Jazz in 2010, is the Nuggets' starting center.
Through Denver's first four games of the season, Koufos was averaging 7.3 points and 6.0 rebounds a game for the Nuggets. He was also averaging more than a blocked shot per game and shooting 50 percent from the field.
"Kosta's a good guy, man," Corbin said. "He's an extremely hard worker, and he wants it really bad. He worked his way into a good spot for them and I'm happy for the success that he's continued to have in this league, and we wish him well. But we need a win on the road, so we're going to go after everybody on their team.
"I think he understands the game a little more now. I think he's figuring out who he is in this league on their team, what's gonna make him have a chance to be successful and get minutes on that team. They're an up-tempo team and he can certainly rebound the ball, block some shots and run the floor for a big, and I think those are things that he's looking to do to get minutes and win his coach over and put him on the floor."
Chest-bumping — or not
After Jazz guard Randy Foye drilled three consecutive 3-pointers in the fourth quarter of Wednesday night's victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, L.A. called a timeout and Foye came flying off the court, all fired up and full of energy and adrenaline.
As he neared the Jazz bench, he even tried to jump up and chest-bump his coach, Corbin, who didn't quite play along.
"I just was running," Foye told co-hosts David James and Patrick Kinahan on 1280 AM "The Zone" on Thursday morning. "Everybody laughed and joked. He handled it the way he's supposed to. A coach is not supposed to chest-bump a player. I just was so excited.
"There was a lot of emotions in the game. We'd lost three in a row and we understood who we was playing, probably one of the best teams in the league. Their record doesn't show it now but we understood they've got Kobe (Bryant), Dwight (Howard), (Pau) Gasol and Metta World (Peace), so we understood. I felt like it opened up the game once I hit those 3s and he (Lakers' coach Mike Brown) called the timeout, so I was just real excited and I just jumped on whoever — but it was just coach that was there.
"He's got to save that for the playoffs, he can't do that now," Foye said of the Jazz head coach. "He's got to save that for the playoffs, in the locker room."
Corbin had his own version of what happened.
"He did a good job," he said of Foye. "I just couldn't get off the floor."
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- BYU assistant football coach is also Bishop...
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame like...
- BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 142
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 106
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 89
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 54
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 45
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 27
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame... 24