"It’s tough for administrators or teachers to step in and catch these things and stop any kind of harassment," Reynolds said. "In this case, they did everything. They stopped the harassment, took the girl under their wing and it's been neat to see. I've learned we can all take a second look at ourselves. There is always someone around us that we can help and make feel better."
Rondalee Jones took away a similar lesson.
"All it takes is something small to make a difference in someone's life," she said. "There are a lot of people who are bullied and treated poorly in life. ... If everyone would think about something they could do to make a difference in someone’s life and make their life easier, especially teenagers, it just takes something small to turns someone’s life around and make it happy."
Carson Jones and the undefeated Bulldogs play the Thunderbird Chiefs in the Arizona state quarterfinal playoffs on Nov. 9. In addition to pursuing a state title, he hopes this story draws out positive news and inspires other students to be courageous and always do the right thing.
"There are lots of stories like this that happen all the time. They just don't get recognized like this one. Some are better than this one," the high school quarterback said in a phone interview. "But hopefully it brings out other good stories. Hopefully it helps to stop bullying around other schools."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the scope...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 89
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 15
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13