Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 50-foot concolor white fir has been chosen as the Gateway Shopping Center's Christmas tree.
The tree was donated by the Woodhead family in Cottonwood Heights.
"This tree has been here longer than we have and is the backdrop of countless family photos and even more memories," Linda Woodhead said. "We are so pleased that it will now become the beautiful backdrop of photos for thousands of other Utah families."
More than 600,000 LED lights will adorn the tree.
The tree will be lit for the first time during the Light Up the Night festivities on Saturday, Nov. 17.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10