Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 50-foot concolor white fir has been chosen as the Gateway Shopping Center's Christmas tree.
The tree was donated by the Woodhead family in Cottonwood Heights.
"This tree has been here longer than we have and is the backdrop of countless family photos and even more memories," Linda Woodhead said. "We are so pleased that it will now become the beautiful backdrop of photos for thousands of other Utah families."
More than 600,000 LED lights will adorn the tree.
The tree will be lit for the first time during the Light Up the Night festivities on Saturday, Nov. 17.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14