Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 50-foot concolor white fir has been chosen as the Gateway Shopping Center's Christmas tree.
The tree was donated by the Woodhead family in Cottonwood Heights.
"This tree has been here longer than we have and is the backdrop of countless family photos and even more memories," Linda Woodhead said. "We are so pleased that it will now become the beautiful backdrop of photos for thousands of other Utah families."
More than 600,000 LED lights will adorn the tree.
The tree will be lit for the first time during the Light Up the Night festivities on Saturday, Nov. 17.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 30
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17