Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 50-foot concolor white fir has been chosen as the Gateway Shopping Center's Christmas tree.
The tree was donated by the Woodhead family in Cottonwood Heights.
"This tree has been here longer than we have and is the backdrop of countless family photos and even more memories," Linda Woodhead said. "We are so pleased that it will now become the beautiful backdrop of photos for thousands of other Utah families."
More than 600,000 LED lights will adorn the tree.
The tree will be lit for the first time during the Light Up the Night festivities on Saturday, Nov. 17.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8