Utah State football: McKade Brady earns Academic All-District honors
Utah State football player McKade Brady was named to the College Sports Information Directors of America Academic All-District VIII team it was announced Thursday.
Brady, who is one of seven players from the state of Utah to earn academic all-district honors, is now eligible for CoSIDA Academic All-America honors.
Brady is one of six players from the Western Athletic Conference to be honored, along with Louisiana Tech running back Ray Holley and offensive lineman Stephen Warner; New Mexico State offensive lineman Valerian Ume-Ezeoke; San Jose State defensive end Travis Johnson; and UTSA offensive lineman Nate Leonard.
The senior free safety from Cove, Utah (Sky View HS), has a cumulative 3.57 grade-point average in human movement science and has earned academic all-conference honors three times in his career. He leads the team with 81 tackles on the season and ranks third in the WAC and tied for 87th in the nation in tackles per game (8.1).
Utah State has now had 10 different players earn academic all-district honors a total of 13 times since 1999.
District VIII is made up of schools from Arizona, California, Hawai’i, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26