Utah State football: McKade Brady earns Academic All-District honors
Utah State football player McKade Brady was named to the College Sports Information Directors of America Academic All-District VIII team it was announced Thursday.
Brady, who is one of seven players from the state of Utah to earn academic all-district honors, is now eligible for CoSIDA Academic All-America honors.
Brady is one of six players from the Western Athletic Conference to be honored, along with Louisiana Tech running back Ray Holley and offensive lineman Stephen Warner; New Mexico State offensive lineman Valerian Ume-Ezeoke; San Jose State defensive end Travis Johnson; and UTSA offensive lineman Nate Leonard.
The senior free safety from Cove, Utah (Sky View HS), has a cumulative 3.57 grade-point average in human movement science and has earned academic all-conference honors three times in his career. He leads the team with 81 tackles on the season and ranks third in the WAC and tied for 87th in the nation in tackles per game (8.1).
Utah State has now had 10 different players earn academic all-district honors a total of 13 times since 1999.
District VIII is made up of schools from Arizona, California, Hawai’i, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot... 22