Utah State football: McKade Brady earns Academic All-District honors
Utah State football player McKade Brady was named to the College Sports Information Directors of America Academic All-District VIII team it was announced Thursday.
Brady, who is one of seven players from the state of Utah to earn academic all-district honors, is now eligible for CoSIDA Academic All-America honors.
Brady is one of six players from the Western Athletic Conference to be honored, along with Louisiana Tech running back Ray Holley and offensive lineman Stephen Warner; New Mexico State offensive lineman Valerian Ume-Ezeoke; San Jose State defensive end Travis Johnson; and UTSA offensive lineman Nate Leonard.
The senior free safety from Cove, Utah (Sky View HS), has a cumulative 3.57 grade-point average in human movement science and has earned academic all-conference honors three times in his career. He leads the team with 81 tackles on the season and ranks third in the WAC and tied for 87th in the nation in tackles per game (8.1).
Utah State has now had 10 different players earn academic all-district honors a total of 13 times since 1999.
District VIII is made up of schools from Arizona, California, Hawai’i, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33