UVU cross-country: Wolverines to compete in NCAA Mountain Regional
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – For the fourth straight year, the Utah Valley University men's and women's cross-country teams will compete at the NCAA Mountain Regionals.
The meet, which is hosted by Colorado State University, begins at noon on Friday with the women's 6,000 meters, while the men's 10,000 meters begins at 1 p.m.
The event will be contested at Collindale Golf Course in Fort Collins.
The Mountain region consists of men's and women's teams from the Mountain West, Western Athletic, Big Sky, Pac-12, Great West, West Coast and Big 12 conferences.
The UVU men and women enter the meet after winning their fourth and fifth Great West Conference championships, respectively, two weeks ago in Chicago.
UVU's Cliff Nielson won the 8K race with the time of 24:59, and he was followed consecutively by Macy Butterfield (2nd, 25:25); Mike Felix (4th, 25:44); Trevor Sharp (5th, 25:45) and Chris Dorton (7th, 25:56).
UVU's Krystal Harper traversed the 5K course in 18:04, which was good for second on the women's side, and she was followed by Darian Sharp in third (18:10); Angela Baker-Blackham in fourth (18:20); Ally Deeter in fifth (18:36) and Ivie Gonsalves in sixth (18:39).
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37