USU soccer: Aggies travel to Provo to meet No. 2 BYU in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday
Utah State soccer travels to Provo to face No. 2 BYU on Friday at the Cougars' South Field at 6 p.m.
USU (13-2-6) is heading to its second-straight NCAA Tournament after earning the Western Athletic Conference’s automatic bid following winning the WAC Tournament title for the second year in a row. The Aggies have won eight-straight matches and have an 11-match unbeaten streak,
Last season in the NCAA Tournament, USU traveled to Alabama and faced Auburn in the first round. The Aggies fell to the Tigers, 2-1, with Kendra Pemberton earning the only USU goal.
USU is one of two WAC teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament. Denver earned an at-large bid and will host Colorado College.
BYU (18-1-1, 7-0-1 WCC) is one of four No. 1 seeds along with Florida State, Stanford and Penn State. The Aggies and the Cougars played earlier this season in Logan. BYU took the win, 1-0.
BYU leads the overall series, 10-0-0. The Cougars finished the regular season, 18-1-1, and earned the West Coast Conference Championship title and an automatic bid to the 2012 NCAA Tournament.
USU soccer fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets for Friday's match in advance at BYUtickets.com or by calling 801-422-BYU1.
Reserved – $10
Non-Student General Admission (GA) – $7
Student GA – $5 (any student from grade school through college; college students must show a student ID)
Children (3-5 years old) in GA – $1
Children 2 and under – Free
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Jazz lose 106-103 heartbreaker to the...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 113
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37