USU soccer: Aggies travel to Provo to meet No. 2 BYU in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday
Utah State soccer travels to Provo to face No. 2 BYU on Friday at the Cougars' South Field at 6 p.m.
USU (13-2-6) is heading to its second-straight NCAA Tournament after earning the Western Athletic Conference’s automatic bid following winning the WAC Tournament title for the second year in a row. The Aggies have won eight-straight matches and have an 11-match unbeaten streak,
Last season in the NCAA Tournament, USU traveled to Alabama and faced Auburn in the first round. The Aggies fell to the Tigers, 2-1, with Kendra Pemberton earning the only USU goal.
USU is one of two WAC teams that advanced to the NCAA Tournament. Denver earned an at-large bid and will host Colorado College.
BYU (18-1-1, 7-0-1 WCC) is one of four No. 1 seeds along with Florida State, Stanford and Penn State. The Aggies and the Cougars played earlier this season in Logan. BYU took the win, 1-0.
BYU leads the overall series, 10-0-0. The Cougars finished the regular season, 18-1-1, and earned the West Coast Conference Championship title and an automatic bid to the 2012 NCAA Tournament.
USU soccer fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets for Friday's match in advance at BYUtickets.com or by calling 801-422-BYU1.
Reserved – $10
Non-Student General Admission (GA) – $7
Student GA – $5 (any student from grade school through college; college students must show a student ID)
Children (3-5 years old) in GA – $1
Children 2 and under – Free
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15