, Utah Highway Patrol
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — A California man has died from injuries sustained in a Wednesday night motorcycle crash, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Stephen Trottier, of La Mirada, Calif., was riding on state Route 191 about 4:50 p.m. when his motorcycle left the roadway for unknown reasons, hit a tree and overturned, said UHP trooper Matt Pratt.
Trottier, 55, was found about 15 feet from his motorcycle. He was wearing a helmet and protective clothing, but suffered serious injuries to his head and neck, Pratt said.
Troopers closed the road in both directions to allow a medical helicopter to land at the scene. Trottier was flown to a Wasatch Front hospital, where he died Thursday morning, Pratt said.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12