, Utah Highway Patrol
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — A California man has died from injuries sustained in a Wednesday night motorcycle crash, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Stephen Trottier, of La Mirada, Calif., was riding on state Route 191 about 4:50 p.m. when his motorcycle left the roadway for unknown reasons, hit a tree and overturned, said UHP trooper Matt Pratt.
Trottier, 55, was found about 15 feet from his motorcycle. He was wearing a helmet and protective clothing, but suffered serious injuries to his head and neck, Pratt said.
Troopers closed the road in both directions to allow a medical helicopter to land at the scene. Trottier was flown to a Wasatch Front hospital, where he died Thursday morning, Pratt said.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- West Valley police investigating Sunday...
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 90
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 35
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28