, Utah Highway Patrol
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — A California man has died from injuries sustained in a Wednesday night motorcycle crash, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Stephen Trottier, of La Mirada, Calif., was riding on state Route 191 about 4:50 p.m. when his motorcycle left the roadway for unknown reasons, hit a tree and overturned, said UHP trooper Matt Pratt.
Trottier, 55, was found about 15 feet from his motorcycle. He was wearing a helmet and protective clothing, but suffered serious injuries to his head and neck, Pratt said.
Troopers closed the road in both directions to allow a medical helicopter to land at the scene. Trottier was flown to a Wasatch Front hospital, where he died Thursday morning, Pratt said.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 18