, Utah Highway Patrol
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — A California man has died from injuries sustained in a Wednesday night motorcycle crash, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Stephen Trottier, of La Mirada, Calif., was riding on state Route 191 about 4:50 p.m. when his motorcycle left the roadway for unknown reasons, hit a tree and overturned, said UHP trooper Matt Pratt.
Trottier, 55, was found about 15 feet from his motorcycle. He was wearing a helmet and protective clothing, but suffered serious injuries to his head and neck, Pratt said.
Troopers closed the road in both directions to allow a medical helicopter to land at the scene. Trottier was flown to a Wasatch Front hospital, where he died Thursday morning, Pratt said.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21