, Utah Highway Patrol
DUTCH JOHN, Daggett County — A California man has died from injuries sustained in a Wednesday night motorcycle crash, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Stephen Trottier, of La Mirada, Calif., was riding on state Route 191 about 4:50 p.m. when his motorcycle left the roadway for unknown reasons, hit a tree and overturned, said UHP trooper Matt Pratt.
Trottier, 55, was found about 15 feet from his motorcycle. He was wearing a helmet and protective clothing, but suffered serious injuries to his head and neck, Pratt said.
Troopers closed the road in both directions to allow a medical helicopter to land at the scene. Trottier was flown to a Wasatch Front hospital, where he died Thursday morning, Pratt said.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14