ST. GEORGE — Surveillance footage has been released of a bizarre plane crash and suicide at the St. George airport in July.
A commercial pilot, later identified as 40-year-old Brian Joseph Hedglin, killed his girlfriend in Colorado Springs, tried to steal a SkyWest airplane, crashed it and then shot himself on board.
Valerie Walker, a professional pilot who looked at the video, said looks like Hedglin was trying to take off.
The video shows the stolen SkyWest plane crashing through a fence and into cars in the airport parking lot.
— Jed Boal
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8