ST. GEORGE — Surveillance footage has been released of a bizarre plane crash and suicide at the St. George airport in July.
A commercial pilot, later identified as 40-year-old Brian Joseph Hedglin, killed his girlfriend in Colorado Springs, tried to steal a SkyWest airplane, crashed it and then shot himself on board.
Valerie Walker, a professional pilot who looked at the video, said looks like Hedglin was trying to take off.
The video shows the stolen SkyWest plane crashing through a fence and into cars in the airport parking lot.
— Jed Boal
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 33
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11