ST. GEORGE — Surveillance footage has been released of a bizarre plane crash and suicide at the St. George airport in July.
A commercial pilot, later identified as 40-year-old Brian Joseph Hedglin, killed his girlfriend in Colorado Springs, tried to steal a SkyWest airplane, crashed it and then shot himself on board.
Valerie Walker, a professional pilot who looked at the video, said looks like Hedglin was trying to take off.
The video shows the stolen SkyWest plane crashing through a fence and into cars in the airport parking lot.
— Jed Boal
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15