ST. GEORGE — Surveillance footage has been released of a bizarre plane crash and suicide at the St. George airport in July.
A commercial pilot, later identified as 40-year-old Brian Joseph Hedglin, killed his girlfriend in Colorado Springs, tried to steal a SkyWest airplane, crashed it and then shot himself on board.
Valerie Walker, a professional pilot who looked at the video, said looks like Hedglin was trying to take off.
The video shows the stolen SkyWest plane crashing through a fence and into cars in the airport parking lot.
— Jed Boal
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13