ST. GEORGE — Surveillance footage has been released of a bizarre plane crash and suicide at the St. George airport in July.
A commercial pilot, later identified as 40-year-old Brian Joseph Hedglin, killed his girlfriend in Colorado Springs, tried to steal a SkyWest airplane, crashed it and then shot himself on board.
Valerie Walker, a professional pilot who looked at the video, said looks like Hedglin was trying to take off.
The video shows the stolen SkyWest plane crashing through a fence and into cars in the airport parking lot.
— Jed Boal
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11