The Utah Jazz lead the Los Angeles Lakers 51-41 at halftime in Salt Lake City, behind 14 points by Mo Williams. Williams leads all scorers.
Al Jefferson chipped in with eight points on 4-10 shooting and six boards for the Jazz. The Jazz are shooting 48.9 percent from the field in the first half.
Dwight Howard leads the Lakers in scoring with 11 points on 4-6 shooting. Howard had a shot at the rim swatted by Paul Millsap, who came over to help on defense. The Lakers are shooting 34.3 percent from the field.
Trips to the free-throw line are the main thing keeping the Lakers relatively in the game, as the Lakers have made 15-23 from the stripe, while the Jazz are just 6-7.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23