The Utah Jazz lead the Los Angeles Lakers 51-41 at halftime in Salt Lake City, behind 14 points by Mo Williams. Williams leads all scorers.
Al Jefferson chipped in with eight points on 4-10 shooting and six boards for the Jazz. The Jazz are shooting 48.9 percent from the field in the first half.
Dwight Howard leads the Lakers in scoring with 11 points on 4-6 shooting. Howard had a shot at the rim swatted by Paul Millsap, who came over to help on defense. The Lakers are shooting 34.3 percent from the field.
Trips to the free-throw line are the main thing keeping the Lakers relatively in the game, as the Lakers have made 15-23 from the stripe, while the Jazz are just 6-7.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20