The Utah Jazz lead the Los Angeles Lakers 51-41 at halftime in Salt Lake City, behind 14 points by Mo Williams. Williams leads all scorers.
Al Jefferson chipped in with eight points on 4-10 shooting and six boards for the Jazz. The Jazz are shooting 48.9 percent from the field in the first half.
Dwight Howard leads the Lakers in scoring with 11 points on 4-6 shooting. Howard had a shot at the rim swatted by Paul Millsap, who came over to help on defense. The Lakers are shooting 34.3 percent from the field.
Trips to the free-throw line are the main thing keeping the Lakers relatively in the game, as the Lakers have made 15-23 from the stripe, while the Jazz are just 6-7.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6