The Utah Jazz lead the Los Angeles Lakers 51-41 at halftime in Salt Lake City, behind 14 points by Mo Williams. Williams leads all scorers.
Al Jefferson chipped in with eight points on 4-10 shooting and six boards for the Jazz. The Jazz are shooting 48.9 percent from the field in the first half.
Dwight Howard leads the Lakers in scoring with 11 points on 4-6 shooting. Howard had a shot at the rim swatted by Paul Millsap, who came over to help on defense. The Lakers are shooting 34.3 percent from the field.
Trips to the free-throw line are the main thing keeping the Lakers relatively in the game, as the Lakers have made 15-23 from the stripe, while the Jazz are just 6-7.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33