The Utah Jazz lead the Los Angeles Lakers 51-41 at halftime in Salt Lake City, behind 14 points by Mo Williams. Williams leads all scorers.
Al Jefferson chipped in with eight points on 4-10 shooting and six boards for the Jazz. The Jazz are shooting 48.9 percent from the field in the first half.
Dwight Howard leads the Lakers in scoring with 11 points on 4-6 shooting. Howard had a shot at the rim swatted by Paul Millsap, who came over to help on defense. The Lakers are shooting 34.3 percent from the field.
Trips to the free-throw line are the main thing keeping the Lakers relatively in the game, as the Lakers have made 15-23 from the stripe, while the Jazz are just 6-7.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16