Davis County drug task force arrests 3, seizes 27 pounds of spice
FARMINGTON — The Davis Metro Narcotics Strike Force recently made three arrests, seized 27 pounds of spice and $230,000 in cash, and shut down two spice distribution operations, one in Kaysville and one in South Jordan.
Undercover agents reported purchasing spice on multiple occasions from Victor's Smoke Shop in Kaysville and VIP Smoke and Hookah in South Jordan. Police said the 27 pounds of spice seized had an estimated street value of $60,000.
Both shops were owned and operated by Adel Al-Mukahel, 44, of West Valley City. Al-Mukahel was booked into the Davis County Jail for investigation of five counts of distribution of a controlled substance and two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, both third-degree felonies; and one count of a pattern of unlawful activity, a second-degree felony.
More than 11 pounds of the spice that was seized was found in Al-Mukahel's West Valley City residence.
Police also arrested to other men in connection with the spice operations.
Hani Al-Saimari, 43, of Kaysville, was booked into the Davis County Jail for investigation for two counts of distribution of a controlled substance and one count of of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, both third-degree felonies.
Munthis Al-Mowasi, 34, of South Jordan, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of two counts of distribution of a controlled substance in a drug-free zone and one count of possession of a controlled substance in a drug-free zone, both second-degree felonies.
Other agencies assisting in the investigation included the Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Attorney's Office and the Kaysville, South Jordan and West Valley City police departments.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12