What's new: 'When High Priests Take Over the Nursery: A Collection of Honest Jon Comics'
Provided by Cedar Fort
Cartoonist Jon Clark is a funny guy. Clark, who is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, finds humor in the day-to-day activities of Mormons.
In Clark’s recently-released book, “When High Priests Take Over the Nursery,” he showcases a collection of single-panel drawings with his slant on LDS life, particularly as seen from the pulpit or the bishop’s office.
His minimalist drawings and great one-liners bring a smile. Clarks’ family friendly “Honest Jon” comics are featured regularly in the Deseret News and his comics have also been published in the New Era.
“I have a few LDS greeting cards out there collecting dust on shelves as well,” Clark wrote in an email.
He lives in Knoxville, Tenn., with his wife and four children where he authors the comic blog Honest Jon at www.honestjoncomics.blogspot.com along with writing music for television shows. He graduated from Brigham Young University and is a former early morning seminary teacher.
He has a tender and serious side that can be seen in his books for children, using the pen name J.D. Clark. His children’s book is “Anna Hosanna: The Fastest Prayer-Sayer Ever!”
Stephanie Abney, an eternal optimist, retired teacher and freelance writer, lives in Mesa, Ariz., with her husband Jim. They have five children and 18 grandchildren. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and she blogs at stephaniesaysso.blogspot.com.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals who...
- How would you describe God in just one sentence?
- Thousands of youth participate in the Days of...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 41
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 33
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- How would you describe God in just one... 11
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 7