Roommates say they knew little about man charged with murdering 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo
"I cared for her as my little sister," Kyi said.
He said this was "way before Esar moved in" and he never saw Met playing with the little girl. The roommates also testified that they did not remember seeing Met or personally going into the basement on March 31, 2008, or April 1, 2008.
A refugee from Myanmar, Met has struggled to understand the court proceedings and there have been difficulties finding interpreters for the man. A hearing set for June was canceled amid concerns about the interpreters, who were flown in from California.
Wednesday's proceedings included a Karen interpreter for the witnesses and a Burmese interpreter for Met. The girl's parents are expected to take the witness stand Thursday.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Woman stole van, but returned after finding...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 45
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 23
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18