Roommates say they knew little about man charged with murdering 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo
"I cared for her as my little sister," Kyi said.
He said this was "way before Esar moved in" and he never saw Met playing with the little girl. The roommates also testified that they did not remember seeing Met or personally going into the basement on March 31, 2008, or April 1, 2008.
A refugee from Myanmar, Met has struggled to understand the court proceedings and there have been difficulties finding interpreters for the man. A hearing set for June was canceled amid concerns about the interpreters, who were flown in from California.
Wednesday's proceedings included a Karen interpreter for the witnesses and a Burmese interpreter for Met. The girl's parents are expected to take the witness stand Thursday.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Top House Democrat not seeking re-election
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 25
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22