Utah baseball will host 'An Evening With Tommy Lasorda' Feb. 11
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah baseball team will host `An Evening with Tommy Lasorda' at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel on Monday, Feb. 11, 2013.
"We've been fortunate to have a variety of baseball greats for our season-opening banquet, and Tommy Lasorda is no exception," Utah head coach Bill Kinneberg said. "He is well known for his engaging personality and it is an honor for our team and fans to have him attend."
In a 20-year career as the Los Angeles Dodgers manager, Lasorda led the team to two World Series victories, four National League pennants and eight division titles. He has been with the club for 63 seasons after moving into an executive position following his retirement from managing. Lasorda was inducted to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1997.
Lasorda also managed the United States to its first-ever gold medal in baseball at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
The evening will feature a reception at 6 p.m. with dinner beginning at 7. Tickets for the event are $100 per person or $1,000 per table.
For tickets please contact Meagan Pearson at 801-581-6445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Halford helps key BYU's late-season run,...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 67
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 40
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29