Utah baseball will host 'An Evening With Tommy Lasorda' Feb. 11
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah baseball team will host `An Evening with Tommy Lasorda' at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel on Monday, Feb. 11, 2013.
"We've been fortunate to have a variety of baseball greats for our season-opening banquet, and Tommy Lasorda is no exception," Utah head coach Bill Kinneberg said. "He is well known for his engaging personality and it is an honor for our team and fans to have him attend."
In a 20-year career as the Los Angeles Dodgers manager, Lasorda led the team to two World Series victories, four National League pennants and eight division titles. He has been with the club for 63 seasons after moving into an executive position following his retirement from managing. Lasorda was inducted to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1997.
Lasorda also managed the United States to its first-ever gold medal in baseball at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
The evening will feature a reception at 6 p.m. with dinner beginning at 7. Tickets for the event are $100 per person or $1,000 per table.
For tickets please contact Meagan Pearson at 801-581-6445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25