Utah baseball will host 'An Evening With Tommy Lasorda' Feb. 11
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah baseball team will host `An Evening with Tommy Lasorda' at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel on Monday, Feb. 11, 2013.
"We've been fortunate to have a variety of baseball greats for our season-opening banquet, and Tommy Lasorda is no exception," Utah head coach Bill Kinneberg said. "He is well known for his engaging personality and it is an honor for our team and fans to have him attend."
In a 20-year career as the Los Angeles Dodgers manager, Lasorda led the team to two World Series victories, four National League pennants and eight division titles. He has been with the club for 63 seasons after moving into an executive position following his retirement from managing. Lasorda was inducted to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1997.
Lasorda also managed the United States to its first-ever gold medal in baseball at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
The evening will feature a reception at 6 p.m. with dinner beginning at 7. Tickets for the event are $100 per person or $1,000 per table.
For tickets please contact Meagan Pearson at 801-581-6445 or email@example.com.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48