Utah baseball will host 'An Evening With Tommy Lasorda' Feb. 11
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah baseball team will host `An Evening with Tommy Lasorda' at the Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel on Monday, Feb. 11, 2013.
"We've been fortunate to have a variety of baseball greats for our season-opening banquet, and Tommy Lasorda is no exception," Utah head coach Bill Kinneberg said. "He is well known for his engaging personality and it is an honor for our team and fans to have him attend."
In a 20-year career as the Los Angeles Dodgers manager, Lasorda led the team to two World Series victories, four National League pennants and eight division titles. He has been with the club for 63 seasons after moving into an executive position following his retirement from managing. Lasorda was inducted to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1997.
Lasorda also managed the United States to its first-ever gold medal in baseball at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
The evening will feature a reception at 6 p.m. with dinner beginning at 7. Tickets for the event are $100 per person or $1,000 per table.
For tickets please contact Meagan Pearson at 801-581-6445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19