Goodfellow served in the Utah House from 1984 to 2005 and in the state Senate from 2007 until 2010. He was ousted from the Legislature in the Republican surge following President Barack Obama's 2008 win.
With no incumbent vying for the County Council District 4 seat, the race became heated between first-time candidates Missy Larsen and Sam Granato.
Local businessman Granato, the Democrat, won 58.3 percent of the vote to Larsen's 41.6 percent with with all precincts reporting Tuesday night.
Granato has served on the board of the Salt Lake Valley Health Department and the State Economic Board.
Larsen, a Republican, comes from a Democratic pedigree and has made a name for herself through community action initiatives.
Republican Max Burdick defended his seat on the County Council, winning by a commanding margin of 61.6 percent to 38.3 percent lead over Democratic challenger Paul Recanzone with with all precincts reporting.
Burdick has also been a 12-year member of the Planning Commission.
Recanzone has worked with Payson and the Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency. He owns OHIvey, a telecommunications consulting company.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 21
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 10
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 10
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 9
- 1,200 gather in Salt Lake, take part in... 8