Ben McAdams claims narrow victory over Mark Crockett in S.L. County mayoral race
Goodfellow served in the Utah House from 1984 to 2005 and in the state Senate from 2007 until 2010. He was ousted from the Legislature in the Republican surge following President Barack Obama's 2008 win.
With no incumbent vying for the County Council District 4 seat, the race became heated between first-time candidates Missy Larsen and Sam Granato.
Local businessman Granato, the Democrat, won 58.3 percent of the vote to Larsen's 41.6 percent with with all precincts reporting Tuesday night.
Granato has served on the board of the Salt Lake Valley Health Department and the State Economic Board.
Larsen, a Republican, comes from a Democratic pedigree and has made a name for herself through community action initiatives.
Republican Max Burdick defended his seat on the County Council, winning by a commanding margin of 61.6 percent to 38.3 percent lead over Democratic challenger Paul Recanzone with with all precincts reporting.
Burdick has also been a 12-year member of the Planning Commission.
Recanzone has worked with Payson and the Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency. He owns OHIvey, a telecommunications consulting company.
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- American Fork teen drowning victim identified
- BYU students took cover in bomb shelter...
- Body of 14-year-old American Fork boy...
- Man honored for saving 3-year-old from...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling to...
- Officer who killed family had dark side,...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 60
- Same-sex marriage advocates to deliver... 44
- Rep. Chaffetz keeps Romney for... 41
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 38
- Mia Love labeled 'surefire winner' by... 28
- Officer who killed family had dark... 24
- West Jordan City Council passes on... 17
- Community gathers to break fast, come... 14